Missouri vs. Colorado State: Full Game Preview
|Missouri||L Bowers 14.4||A Oriakhi 8.6||P Pressey 7.1|
|Colorado State||C Iverson 14.7||C Iverson 9.8||D Green 3.8|
No. 9-seeded Missouri battles No. 8-seeded Colorado State in the second round of the NCAA Tournament at Rupp Arena on Thursday. The game gets underway at 9:20 p.m. ET and it can be seen on TBS.
In spite of 16 points and nine rebounds from Alex Oriakhi, the Tigers came up short 64-62 against Ole Miss on Mar. 15. On top of his scoring average of 11.1 points per game, he delivers 8.6 rebounds per game. For the Rams, Colton Iverson put up 24 points and 16 rebounds in the 75-65 loss to UNLV on Mar. 15. He puts up a team-leading 14.7 points per game, 9.8 rebounds per game, and 0.7 blocks per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Colorado State is strong in the following categories: defensive rebounding percentage at 76.2, offensive rebounding percentage at 41.5 and turnover percentage at 16.6.
Colorado State StatSmack
- Missouri has more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Colorado State (five vs. two).
- The SEC has had 13 more Sweet Sixteen teams than the Mountain West over the past 10 years.
- The SEC has 2 teams - Florida (48.5 percent) and Kentucky (47.8 percent) - that shoot a better field goal percentage than the Mountain West leader, Air Force (47.5 percent).
- The SEC has 5 teams - Arkansas (9.3), LSU (9.2), Alabama (8.8), Ole Miss (8.5), and Mississippi State (7.8) - that create more steals per game than the Mountain West leader, UNLV (7.5).
- Over the past 10 years, Missouri has had more players drafted by the NBA than Colorado State (five vs. one).
- Last year the best team in the SEC had a much higher RPI than the best team in the Mountain West (No. 1 vs. No. 21).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Missouri currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (974 to 953) than Colorado State, per the NCAA.
- Colorado State has been ducking Missouri for over 30 years.
- The top-ranking players between the two conferences for points, three-pointers, assists, steals, and blocks are in the SEC.
- The SEC had more close games in conference (so the games are more exciting to watch) than in the Mountain West.
- The SEC has had 38 more NBA Draft picks than the Mountain West over the past 10 years.
|D+||Joe De Ciman||5||1||0||0||0||0||0|