Florida Gulf Coast vs. Georgetown: Full Game Preview
|Florida Gulf Coast||S Brown 15.3||S Brown 6.4||B Comer 6.3|
|Georgetown||O Porter 16.3||O Porter 7.4||M Starks 2.9|
No. 2-seeded Georgetown meets 15th-seeded Florida Gulf Coast in the second round of the NCAA Tournament at Wells Fargo Center on Friday. Tipoff is at 6:50 p.m. ET and you can see it on TBS.
In their last outing, despite 15 points and eight rebounds from Mikael Hopkins, the Hoyas fell to Syracuse 58-55 on Mar. 15. He is averaging 6.0 points per game while also contributing a team-high 1.1 blocks per game. For the Eagles, Chase Fieler put up 15 points and six rebounds in the 88-75 win over Mercer on Mar. 9. He is averaging 12.2 points per game in addition to a team-best 1.3 blocks per game.
Florida Gulf Coast StatSmack
- Georgetown has a much better overall winning percentage over the last five years (67.9 percent to 43.6 percent).
- Georgetown allows fewer rebounds (31.7 allowed per game vs. 35.4 allowed per game) than Florida Gulf Coast this season.
- Georgetown is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Georgetown is 78.5 inches compared to 76.6 inches for Florida Gulf Coast.
- Georgetown is ranked higher than Florida Gulf Coast in their conference (No. 1 vs. No. 2).
- Georgetown has more wins over the last 5 years than Florida Gulf Coast (136 vs. 78).
- Georgetown is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Georgetown is 217 lbs compared to 189 lbs for Florida Gulf Coast.
- Georgetown has a stronger schedule than Florida Gulf Coast this season (SOS Rank: No. 18 vs. No. 231).
- Obviously, AP Voters agree that Georgetown is superior to Florida Gulf Coast (Latest AP Poll: No. 5 vs. Not Ranked).
- Diaper Dandies love Georgetown. Georgetown has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Florida Gulf Coast (11 vs. 0).
- Florida Gulf Coast has been ducking Georgetown for over 30 years.
- Georgetown has more wins against the RPI Top 50 than Florida Gulf Coast this season (eight vs. one).