|Saint Mary's||M Dellavedova 15.8||B Waldow 6.1||M Dellavedova 6.4|
|Middle Tenn State||M Knight 12.5||M Knight 5.8||B Massey Jr 3.3|
11th-seeded Saint Mary's squares off against 11th-seeded Middle Tennessee State in the first round of the NCAA Tournament at University of Dayton Arena on Tuesday. The game gets underway at 9:10 p.m. ET and you can see it on truTV.
In spite of 19 points and seven rebounds from Stephen Holt, the Gaels came up short 65-51 against Gonzaga on Mar. 11. He is averaging 11.8 points per game while also contributing a team-high 1.2 steals per game. The Blue Raiders were defeated by Florida International 61-57 on Mar. 10 despite 13 points and 11 rebounds from Marcos Knight. He leads the team in points with 12.5 per game and rebounds with 5.8 per game. One category in which Middle Tennessee State is especially proficient is offensive rebounding percentage at 37.0, ranking first in their conference (and 33rd nationally).
Middle Tennessee State StatSmack
- The Saint Mary's three-point leader (Matthew Dellavedova, 80 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Middle Tennessee State three-point leader (Raymond Cintron, 70 three-pointers).
- Matthew Dellavedova is ranked 50th nationally in three-pointers and 9th nationally in assists.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Saint Mary's currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (967 to 961) than Middle Tennessee State, per the NCAA.
- Middle Tennessee State has been ducking Saint Mary's for over 30 years.
- The Saint Mary's basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Middle Tennessee State (69 percent vs. 42 percent).
- Saint Mary's has more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Middle Tennessee State (four vs. zero).
- AP voters think more highly of Saint Mary's and ranked them in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Middle Tennessee State (40 vs. zero).
- The Saint Mary's scoring leader (Matthew Dellavedova, 521 points) has more points than the Middle Tennessee State scoring leader (Marcos Knight, 413 points).
- The Saint Mary's rebounding leader (Brad Waldow, 201 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Middle Tennessee State rebounding leader (Marcos Knight, 190 rebounds).
- Over the past 10 years, Saint Mary's has had more players drafted by the NBA than Middle Tennessee State (one vs. zero).
|C||J. Walker III||22||7||4||1||1||0||1|
|C||Bruce Massey Jr||23||6||3||3||2||0||2|
|C||K. Hammonds II||22||6||3||2||1||0||1|
|C-||J. Gallman Jr||13||4||1||1||0||0||1|
|C-||Jason Jones Jr||10||4||2||0||0||0||1|