(26-8, 8-7 away)
(13) Florida 63
(26-7, 19-1 home)
Venue: Bridgestone Arena
1:00PM ET / 10:00AM PT, March 17, 2013
||M Holloway 23
||M Holloway 10
||L White 4
||M Rosario 18
||M Rosario 9
||S Wilbekin 4
On Sunday, Mar. 17, Florida took on Ole Miss and lost in a stunner to the Rebels 66-63 in the SEC championship game. It looked like this would be a win for Florida, as they led 38-26 at the half. However, Ole Miss came out of the locker with a purpose and fought back to get the victory. The loss evens the season series between the two teams at 1-1. Florida (26-7) finished the regular season first in the SEC with a 14-4 record. The road for Florida to the SEC championship game went through LSU (80-58) and Alabama (61-51). Mike Rosario put up a team-high 18 points and nine rebounds in the loss. Murphy Holloway registered a double-double for the Rebels on a game-high 23 points and 10 rebounds. Ole Miss (26-8) finished the regular season second in the SEC with a 12-6 record. In reaching the conference championship, they beat Missouri (64-62) and Vanderbilt (64-52).
Florida Game Notes
- The last time UF started the season 26-7 was 2010.
- The Gators have been unlucky four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Florida is 25-29 in close games.
- This is the third loss of the season where the Gators opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Mike Rosario and Kenny Boynton) accounted for 49.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Mike Rosario and Erik Murphy) accounted for 47.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Mike Rosario has led the team in scoring in 14 out of 33 games this season.
- Mike Rosario had career highs with nine rebounds and seven defensive rebounds.
Ole Miss Game Notes
- The Rebels won this one, but have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Ole Miss is 35-26 in close games.
- Murphy Holloway accounted for 34.8 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Murphy Holloway and LaDarius White) accounted for 51.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Murphy Holloway has led the team in scoring eight times and in rebounding 24 times in 34 games this season.
- This marks the 23rd 20-point game of Marshall Henderson's career.
- Marshall Henderson has five straight 20+ point games.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of Murphy Holloway's career.
- Murphy Holloway recorded a double-double. It was his 13th this season and 38th of his career.
- LaDarius White set career highs with nine rebounds and nine defensive rebounds.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Nick Williams.
|B-||M. Frazier II||22||9||3||0||1||0||1|