Weber State 64
(26-6, 10-5 away)
(25-6, 15-1 home)
Venue: Dahlberg Arena
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, March 16, 2013
||D Berry 12
||J Bolomboy 9
||J Richardson 4
||K Jamar 20
||A Martin 6
||K Jamar 5
Weber State suffered a close loss to Montana 67-64 in the Big Sky championship game on Saturday, Mar. 16. The Wildcats are now 1-2 against Montana this season with the loss. Weber State (26-6) finished the regular season second in the Big Sky with an 18-2 record. The route for Weber State to the Big Sky championship game went through Northern Arizona (84-58) and North Dakota (76-74). The Wildcats got 12 points and nine rebounds from Joel Bolomboy. Scott Bamforth scored 12 points and added six rebounds. For the Grizzlies, Kareem Jamar finished with a game-high 20 points and five rebounds. Montana (25-6) finished the regular season first in the Big Sky with a 19-1 record. In reaching the conference championship, they defeated Northern Colorado (70-56).
Weber State Game Notes
- The last time Weber State started the season 26-6 was 2002.
- The Wildcats have been unlucky four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Weber State is 28-23 in close games.
- The Wildcats have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 14 games.
- The top two rebounders (Joel Bolomboy and Scott Bamforth) accounted for 45.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Davion Berry has led the team in scoring in 15 out of 32 games this season.
- Joel Bolomboy has led the team in rebounding in 14 out of 32 games this season.
- Davion Berry has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Davion Berry.
- Scott Bamforth has nine straight double-digit point games.
Montana Game Notes
- The Grizzlies won this one, but have lost two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Montana is 29-24 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Kareem Jamar and Will Cherry) accounted for 56.7 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Andy Martin and Kareem Jamar) accounted for 44.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Kareem Jamar has led the team in scoring nine times in 31 games this season.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Kareem Jamar's career.
- Kareem Jamar has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Kareem Jamar set a career high with nine field goals made.
- Will Cherry has three straight double-digit point games.