North Carolina vs. Miami: Full Game Preview
|North Carolina||J Michael McAdoo 14.5||J Michael McAdoo 7.5||M Paige 4.7|
|Miami||S Larkin 14.2||R Johnson 7.2||S Larkin 4.3|
Miami (FL) takes on North Carolina in the championship of the ACC Tournament at Greensboro Coliseum on Sunday. The game gets underway at 1 p.m. ET and it can be seen on ESPN or ACC Network. The Hurricanes defeated the Tar Heels 87-61 on Feb. 9 and are 2-7 against them over the past four years.
The 32 points by Durand Scott helped the Hurricanes to an 81-71 victory over NC State on Mar. 16. In addition to his 13.4 points per game, he is also chipping in 4.0 rebounds per game. In a 79-76 victory over Maryland on Mar. 16, Reggie Bullock put up 15 points and nine rebounds for the Tar Heels. He is averaging 14.3 points and 6.6 rebounds per game.
North Carolina StatSmack
- The Miami steals leader (Shane Larkin, 59 steals) has more steals than the North Carolina steals leader (James Michael McAdoo, 47 steals).
- Miami is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Miami is 79.2 inches compared to 78.2 inches for North Carolina.
- Shane Larkin is ranked 10th in the ACC in three-pointers, 4th in the ACC in assists, and 2nd in the ACC in steals.
- Miami is ranked higher than North Carolina in the ACC (No. 1 vs. No. 3).
- Miami has an average margin of victory of 12 over North Carolina in four wins since 1986.
- Miami has a better record on the road than North Carolina this season (10-3 vs. 7-6).
- The Miami blocks leader (Julian Gamble, 54 blocks) has more blocks than the North Carolina blocks leader (Desmond Hubert, 27 blocks).
- Miami players are more experienced than North Carolina players (20,462 minutes played vs. 12,859 minutes played).
- Miami has more wins against the RPI Top 50 than North Carolina this season (six vs. two).
- Miami has a better scoring defense (60.4 allowed per game vs. 68.6 allowed per game) than North Carolina this season.
- Miami is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Miami is 226 lbs compared to 201 lbs for North Carolina.