Wisconsin vs. Ohio State: Full Game Preview
|Wisconsin||B Brust 11.4||R Evans 7.5||T Jackson 2.8|
|Ohio State||D Thomas 19.6||D Thomas 6.2||A Craft 4.7|
Wisconsin meets Ohio State in the championship of the Big Ten Tournament at United Center on Sunday. It takes place at 3:30 p.m. ET and you can catch it on CBS. The Badgers beat the Buckeyes 71-49 on Feb. 17 and are 5-5 against them over the last four years.
In a 68-56 triumph over Indiana on Mar. 16, Ryan Evans put up 16 points and eight rebounds for the Badgers. He leads the team in rebounds per game with 7.5 while also putting up 10.4 points per game. For the Buckeyes, Aaron Craft finished with 20 points and nine assists in the 61-58 win over Michigan State on Mar. 16. With 4.7 assists per game and 2.1 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Ohio State StatSmack
- Jared Berggren is ranked 6th in the Big Ten in rebounds and 2nd in the Big Ten in blocks.
- Wisconsin has a much better Kiplinger In-State Ranking than Ohio State (No. 9 vs. No. 38).
- Ryan Evans is ranked 3rd in the Big Ten in rebounds.
- Wisconsin has a much better Kiplinger Out-of-State Ranking than Ohio State (No. 11 vs. No. 47).
- Ohio State has to pay up to win. The coach for Wisconsin has a much lower base salary than Ohio State ($1,550,000 vs. $2,555,000).
- Wisconsin has more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Ohio State (10 vs. six).
- The Wisconsin rebounding leader (Ryan Evans, 232 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Ohio State rebounding leader (Deshaun Thomas, 183 rebounds).
- The Wisconsin blocks leader (Jared Berggren, 63 blocks) has more blocks than the Ohio State blocks leader (Amir Williams, 41 blocks).
- Wisconsin has come back to win after being down at half against Ohio State five times since 1997.
|B||L. Smith Jr.||28||10||5||2||0||0||1|
|C||A. Della Valle||7||3||2||0||0||0||0|