(21-11, 9-5 away)
(25) VCU 71
(26-7, 18-3 home)
Venue: Barclays Center
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, March 16, 2013
||C Williams 18
||C Lalanne 12
||C Williams 4
||T Daniels 20
||J Reddic 12
||D Theus 6
On a day when they turned the ball over only eight times, Virginia Commonwealth came out on top against Massachusetts 71-62 in the semifinals of the A-10 Tournament. With the win, the Rams remain undefeated against Massachusetts this season at 2-0. Juvonte Reddic secured a double-double in the Rams win including 18 points and 12 rebounds. Troy Daniels was solid from three-point range, going six for nine to get to a game-high 20 points overall. Cady Lalanne recorded a double-double for the Minutemen with 14 points and 12 rebounds. Massachusetts (21-11) finished the regular season seventh in the A-10 with a 9-7 conference record. To get to the semifinals, Massachusetts took down George Washington (77-72) and Temple (79-74).
Virginia Commonwealth Game Notes
- VCU beat the spread by one points. That makes the 10th time this season the Rams have beaten the spread.
- The Rams have won every game this season (18-0) after recording 12 or more steals.
- Virginia Commonwealth has won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) after committing eight or fewer turnovers.
- Virginia Commonwealth has won 87 percent of the time this season (13-2) when its three-point percentage has been 38.1 percent or better.
- VCU has won 93 percent of the time this season (13-1) when opponents record 62 or fewer total points.
- VCU has won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) after holding an opponent to under 37.7 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Virginia Commonwealth has won 100 percent of the time (7-0) when Troy Daniels has 20 points or more, 73 percent of the time (16-6) when Treveon Graham has five rebounds or more, and 92 percent of the time (11-1) when Darius Theus has six assists or more.
- The top two scorers (Troy Daniels and Juvonte Reddic) accounted for 53.5 percent of the points.
- Juvonte Reddic accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Troy Daniels has led the team in scoring in nine out of 33 games this season.
- Juvonte Reddic has led the team in rebounding in 26 out of 33 games this season.
- Juvonte Reddic recorded the 20th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Juvonte Reddic recorded a double-double. It was his 11th this season and 17th of his career.
- This marks the eighth 20-point game of Troy Daniels's career.
Massachusetts Game Notes
- Sampson Carter recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 12.
- The top two scorers (Chaz Williams and Cady Lalanne) accounted for 51.6 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Sampson Carter and Cady Lalanne) accounted for 48.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Chaz Williams has led the team in scoring 13 times in 32 games this season.
- Sampson Carter has led the team in rebounding four times in 32 games this season.
- Chaz Williams has four straight double-digit point games.
- Sampson Carter recorded the fourth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Sampson Carter set career highs with 12 rebounds and 12 defensive rebounds.
- Cady Lalanne recorded the 12th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Cady Lalanne.
- Cady Lalanne recorded a double-double. It was the sixth of his career.
- This was the eighth foul out of the season for Terrell Vinson.
- Maxie Esho recorded the second double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Maxie Esho set career highs with 10 rebounds, seven offensive rebounds, and four blocks.