(22-12, 4-9 away)
North Carolina 79
(24-9, 17-3 home)
Venue: Greensboro Coliseum
3:50PM ET / 12:50PM PT, March 16, 2013
||A Len 20
||D Wells 9
||D Wells 4
||R Bullock 15
||R Bullock 9
||R Bullock 4
On Saturday, Mar. 16, Maryland took on North Carolina and was narrowly defeated by the Tar Heels 79-76 in the semifinals of the ACC Tournament. The Terrapins stay winless against North Carolina this season at 0-3. Dezmine Wells put up 15 points and nine rebounds in the loss. Alex Len also had a good outing, scoring a game-high 20 points and adding seven rebounds. For the Tar Heels, Reggie Bullock finished with a team-high 15 points and nine rebounds. Maryland (22-12) finished the regular season seventh in the ACC with an 8-10 record in conference play. To get to the semifinals, Maryland got the best of Wake Forest (75-62) and Duke (83-74).
Maryland Game Notes
- Maryland beat the spread by one points. That makes the 14th time this season the Terrapins have beaten the spread.
- The Terrapins have been unlucky five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Maryland is 27-26 in close games.
- When the opposition records 18 or more free throws made this season, Maryland has lost 86 percent of the time (1-6).
- When the opposition records 79 or more total points this season, Maryland has lost 80 percent of the time (1-4).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 44.3 percent or better this season, Maryland has lost 75 percent of the time (2-6).
- Maryland set a season low for blocks (zero).
- The Terrapins have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past six games.
- Maryland has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past five games.
- Alex Len recorded a team season high in free throws attempted with 12.
- The top two scorers (Alex Len and Nick Faust) accounted for 48.6 percent of the points.
- Alex Len has led the team in scoring in nine out of 34 games this season.
- Dezmine Wells has led the team in rebounding in three out of 34 games this season.
- Dezmine Wells has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Nick Faust has five straight double-digit point games.
- Nick Faust had a career high with five three-pointers.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Alex Len's career.
- Alex Len has four straight double-digit point games.
- Alex Len had a career high with 10 free throws made.
North Carolina Game Notes
- The top two rebounders (Reggie Bullock and James Michael McAdoo) accounted for 47.2 percent of the rebounds.
- Reggie Bullock has led the team in scoring eight times and in rebounding 14 times in 33 games this season.
- P.J. Hairston has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- James Michael McAdoo has eight straight double-digit point games.