(24-10, 12-6 away)
(21-11, 12-5 home)
Venue: Patrick Gym
11:30AM ET / 8:30AM PT, March 16, 2013
||M Black 14
||J Puk 6
||P Hooley 4
||C Rugg 10
||B Voelkel 10
||B Voelkel 3
Vermont lost to Albany 53-49 in the America East championship game on Saturday, Mar. 16. The Catamounts go to 2-1 against Albany this season with the loss. Vermont (21-11) finished the regular season second in the America East with an 11-5 record. The path for Vermont to the America East championship game went through New Hampshire (61-42) and Maryland-Baltimore County (85-72). Ethan O`Day put up nine points and four rebounds in the Catamounts loss. Trey Blue had a team-high 10 points. For the Great Danes, Luke Devlin finished with 12 points and five rebounds. Albany (24-10) finished the regular season fifth in the America East with a 9-7 record. In reaching the conference championship, they took down Maine (50-49) and Stony Brook (61-59).
Vermont Game Notes
- The last time UVM started the season 21-11 was 2011.
- The Catamounts have been unlucky five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Vermont is 29-28 in close games.
- The Catamounts have lost 80 percent of the time this season (2-8) after having a field goal percentage of 40.4 percent or worse.
- Vermont has lost 75 percent of the time this season (1-3) after recording 49 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition records 10 or more steals this season, Vermont has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- UVM set season lows for blocks (one), free throws made (six), and steals (three).
- The Catamounts have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past five games.
- Vermont has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past 10 games.
- This is the 15th game at home this season--UVM has a 7.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Trey Blue and Clancy Rugg) accounted for 40.8 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Brian Voelkel and Luke Apfeld) accounted for 48.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Trey Blue has led the team in scoring in five out of 32 games this season.
- Brian Voelkel has led the team in rebounding in 23 out of 32 games this season.
- Brian Voelkel recorded the 43rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Sandro Carissimo.
Albany Game Notes
- The Great Danes won this one, but have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Albany is 29-35 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Mike Black and Luke Devlin) accounted for 49.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (John Puk and Luke Devlin) accounted for 52.3 percent of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more points (27) than the starters (26).
- Mike Black has led the team in scoring 18 times in 34 games this season.
- John Puk has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 34 games this season.
- Jacob Iati set career highs with a 100 percent field goal percentage and a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- Luke Devlin set career highs with six field goals made and a 100 percent field goal percentage.