(26-8, 11-6 away)
(16) Saint Louis 67
(26-6, 20-2 home)
Venue: Barclays Center
1:30PM ET / 10:30AM PT, March 16, 2013
||R Clarke 16
||R Jones 8
||C Stigall 2
||D Evans 24
||D Evans 11
||K Mitchell 5
On Saturday, Mar. 16, Butler took on Saint Louis and fell to the Billikens 67-56 in the semifinals of the A-10 Tournament. The Bulldogs fall to 3-1 versus AP-ranked teams this season with the loss. Rotnei Clarke got a team-high 16 points and five rebounds in a losing effort. Roosevelt Jones scored eight points and added eight rebounds. Dwayne Evans recorded a double-double for the Billikens on a game-high 24 points and 11 rebounds. Butler (26-8) finished the regular season fourth in the A-10 with an 11-5 record in conference play. To get to the semifinals, Butler beat Dayton (73-67) and La Salle (69-58).
Butler Game Notes
- Prior to this game, Butler played 23 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 11-12.
- Butler has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after recording 56 or fewer total points.
- Butler has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after committing 20 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 14 or more steals this season, Butler has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- Butler has been outshot by their opponents in three-point percentage for the past six games.
- The top two scorers (Rotnei Clarke and Roosevelt Jones) accounted for 42.8 percent of the points.
- Rotnei Clarke has led the team in scoring in 23 out of 34 games this season.
- Roosevelt Jones has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 34 games this season.
- Rotnei Clarke has five straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Roosevelt Jones.
Saint Louis Game Notes
- Dwayne Evans accounted for 35.8 percent of the team's points.
- Dwayne Evans accounted for 36.6 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Dwayne Evans has led the team in scoring 11 times and in rebounding 23 times in 32 games this season.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of Dwayne Evans's career.
- Dwayne Evans has 15 straight double-digit point games.
- Dwayne Evans recorded a double-double. It was his sixth this season and 18th of his career.
|B-||Mike McCall Jr||28||9||2||1||2||0||1|