(26-8, 11-6 away)
(16) Saint Louis 67
(26-6, 20-2 home)
Venue: Barclays Center
1:30PM ET / 10:30AM PT, March 16, 2013
||R Clarke 16
||R Jones 8
||C Stigall 2
||D Evans 24
||D Evans 11
||K Mitchell 5
Saint Louis squared off with Butler on Saturday, Mar. 16 and beat the Bulldogs 67-56 in the semifinals of the A-10 Tournament. With the win, the Billikens remain undefeated against Butler this season at 3-0. Dwayne Evans earned a double-double for the Billikens including a game-high 24 points and 11 rebounds. Kwamain Mitchell also had a strong game, scoring nine points and adding five assists. For the Bulldogs, Rotnei Clarke finished with a team-high 16 points and five rebounds. Butler (26-8) finished the regular season fourth in the A-10 with an 11-5 conference record. To get to the semifinals, Butler got the best of Dayton (73-67) and La Salle (69-58).
Saint Louis Game Notes
- The win over Butler extended the Saint Louis winning streak to three games.
- SLU beat the spread by seven points. That makes the 19th time this season the Billikens have beaten the spread.
- The Billikens have won 90 percent of the time this season (9-1) after recording 20 or more free throws made.
- Saint Louis has won 85 percent of the time this season (11-2) when its three-point percentage has been 38.9 percent or better.
- SLU has won every game this season (14-0) when opponents record 56 or fewer total points.
- SLU has won every game this season (11-0) after holding an opponent to under 38.9 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Saint Louis has won 75 percent of the time (9-3) when Cody Ellis has 13 points or more, 83 percent of the time (5-1) when Kwamain Mitchell plays 33 minutes or more, and 100 percent of the time (9-0) when Dwayne Evans has seven field goals made or more.
- The Billikens set a season high for steals (14).
- SLU set a season low for blocks (zero).
- Dwayne Evans accounted for 35.8 percent of the team's points.
- Dwayne Evans accounted for 36.6 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Dwayne Evans has led the team in scoring 11 times and in rebounding 23 times in 32 games this season.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of Dwayne Evans's career.
- Dwayne Evans has 15 straight double-digit point games.
- Dwayne Evans recorded a double-double. It was his sixth this season and 18th of his career.
Butler Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Rotnei Clarke and Roosevelt Jones) accounted for 42.8 percent of the points.
- Rotnei Clarke has led the team in scoring 23 times in 34 games this season.
- Roosevelt Jones has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 34 games this season.
- Rotnei Clarke has five straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Roosevelt Jones.
|B-||Mike McCall Jr||28||9||2||1||2||0||1|