NC State 71
(24-10, 7-8 away)
(9) Miami 81
(26-6, 16-3 home)
Venue: Greensboro Coliseum
1:00PM ET / 10:00AM PT, March 16, 2013
||S Wood 21
||R Howell 11
||L Brown 8
||D Scott 32
||K Kadji 9
||D Scott 4
On Saturday, Mar. 16, NC State fell to Miami (FL) 81-71 in the semifinals of the ACC Tournament. With the loss, the Wolfpack fall to 1-4 versus AP-ranked teams this season. The Wolfpack got a team-high 21 points from Scott Wood, with 18 points coming from three-point range. Richard Howell had eight points and added 11 rebounds. For the Hurricanes, Durand Scott finished with a career-high 32 points (4 Ast 3 Reb), including five-of-eight shooting from three-point range. NC State (24-10) finished the regular season fourth in the ACC with an 11-7 record in conference play. To get to the semifinals, NC State outplayed Virginia Tech (80-63) and Virginia (75-56).
NC State Game Notes
- Prior to this game, NCSU played 40 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 9-31.
- NCSU set a season low for rebounds (27).
- The Wolfpack have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 10 games.
- The top two scorers (Scott Wood and C.J. Leslie) accounted for 49.2 percent of the points.
- Richard Howell accounted for 40.7 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Scott Wood has led the team in scoring in five out of 34 games this season.
- Richard Howell has led the team in rebounding in 24 out of 34 games this season.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Scott Wood's career.
- Scott Wood has four straight double-digit point games.
- T.J. Warren has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for T.J. Warren.
- Richard Howell recorded the 45th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- C.J. Leslie has three straight double-digit point games.
Miami (FL) Game Notes
- Durand Scott recorded a team season high in points with 32, field goals made with 12, and field goals attempted with 18.
- Durand Scott accounted for 39.5 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Kenny Kadji and Shane Larkin) accounted for 43.2 percent of the rebounds.
- Durand Scott has led the team in scoring nine times in 32 games this season.
- Kenny Kadji has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 32 games this season.
- This marks the seventh 20-point game of Shane Larkin's career.
- Shane Larkin has eight straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Durand Scott's career.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Durand Scott.
- Durand Scott set career highs with 32 points, 12 field goals made, and five three-pointers.
- Julian Gamble set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.