Syracuse vs. Louisville: Full Game Preview
|Syracuse||C Fair 14.1||C Fair 7.1||M Carter-Williams 7.7|
|Louisville||R Smith 18.3||G Dieng 9.9||P Siva 5.8|
Louisville meets Syracuse in the championship of the Big East Tournament at Madison Square Garden on Saturday. The game tips off at 8:30 p.m. ET and you can catch it on ESPN. The Cardinals beat the Orange 58-53 on Mar. 2 and are 6-3 against them over the last four years.
The 20 points and six assists by Russ Smith helped the Cardinals to a 69-57 victory over Notre Dame on Mar. 15. He leads the team with 18.3 points per game. In a 58-55 victory over Georgetown on Mar. 15, Baye Keita put up 13 points and eight rebounds for the Orange. He contributes 3.7 rebounds per game in addition to his 3.6 points per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Syracuse is strong in offensive rebounding percentage at 39.6. This is good enough for second in the conference and 10th in the nation.
- Louisville has more wins against the RPI Top 50 than Syracuse this season (nine vs. five).
- Obviously, AP Voters agree that Louisville is superior to Syracuse (Latest AP Poll: No. 4 vs. No. 19).
- Louisville players are more experienced than Syracuse players (16,367 minutes played vs. 13,697 minutes played).
- Diaper Dandies love Louisville. Louisville has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Syracuse (19 vs. 17).
- The Louisville rebounding leader (Gorgui Dieng, 245 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Syracuse rebounding leader (C.J. Fair, 236 rebounds).
- Louisville has come back to win after being down at half against Syracuse four times since 2006.
- Louisville has a better conference record than Syracuse this season (14-4 vs. 11-7).
- Boom! Louisville defeated Syracuse by 5 points the last time they played (Mar 02, 2013).
- The Louisville scoring leader (Russ Smith, 584 points) has more points than the Syracuse scoring leader (C.J. Fair, 475 points).
- Louisville has more Final Four appearances over the last 10 years than Syracuse (two vs. one).
|C||S. Van Treese||11||2||3||0||0||0||0|