|Syracuse||C Fair 14.1||C Fair 7.1||M Carter-Williams 7.7|
|Louisville||R Smith 18.3||G Dieng 9.9||P Siva 5.8|
Syracuse battles Louisville in the championship of the Big East Tournament at Madison Square Garden on Saturday. Tipoff is at 8:30 p.m. ET and you can catch it on ESPN. The Orange lost to the Cardinals 58-53 on Mar. 2 and are 3-6 against them over the last four years.
The 13 points by James Southerland helped the Orange to a 58-55 victory over Georgetown on Mar. 15. He is putting up 14.0 points per game while also averaging 5.1 rebounds per game. In a 69-57 victory over Notre Dame on Mar. 15, Peyton Siva put up 12 points and six assists for the Cardinals. With 5.8 assists per game and 2.2 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
- Syracuse has an average margin of victory of 9 over Louisville in six wins since 1985.
- Rakeem Christmas is ranked 48th nationally in blocks.
- Michael Carter-Williams is ranked 2nd nationally in assists and 3rd nationally in steals.
- Syracuse has more wins over the last 5 years than Louisville (164 vs. 159).
- The Syracuse blocks leader (Rakeem Christmas, 64 blocks) has more blocks than the Louisville blocks leader (Gorgui Dieng, 63 blocks).
- Syracuse has more NCAA Championships over the last 10 years than Louisville (one vs. zero).
- Louisville has to pay up to win. The coach for Syracuse has a much lower base salary than Louisville ($1,155,088 vs. $2,250,000).
- James Southerland is ranked 7th in the Big East in three-pointers.
- Over the past 10 years, Syracuse has had more players drafted by the NBA than Louisville (10 vs. four).
- C.J. Fair is ranked 6th in the Big East in rebounds.
|C||S. Van Treese||11||2||3||0||0||0||0|