Colorado State 65
(25-8, 18-2 home)
Venue: Thomas & Mack Center
11:30PM ET / 8:30PM PT, March 15, 2013
||K Reinhardt 21
||Q Thomas 6
||J Hawkins 3
||C Iverson 24
||C Iverson 16
||W Eikmeier 5
On Friday, Mar. 15, UNLV got a win over Colorado State 75-65 in the semifinals of the Mountain West Tournament. The Rebels move to 2-1 against Colorado State this season with the win. Katin Reinhardt had a big game for the Rebels and put up a season-high 21 points. Anthony Bennett had 19 points and added five rebounds. Colton Iverson recorded a double-double for the Rams on a game-high 24 points and 16 rebounds. Colorado State (25-8) finished the regular season second in the Mountain West with an 11-5 conference record. To get to the semifinals, Colorado State defeated Fresno State (67-61).
UNLV Game Notes
- The last time UNLV started the season 25-8 was 2009.
- UNLV beat the spread by six points. That makes the 13th time this season the Rebels have beaten the spread.
- The Rebels have won 93 percent of the time this season (13-1) after recording 75 or more total points.
- UNLV has won 91 percent of the time this season (10-1) after committing 12 or fewer turnovers.
- UNLV has won 90 percent of the time this season (9-1) when its three-point percentage has been 38.9 percent or better.
- UNLV has won 92 percent of the time this season (12-1) after holding an opponent to under 38.5 percent field goal percentage.
- UNLV has won 88 percent of the time this season (14-2) when opponents record 11 or fewer free throws made.
- This season UNLV has won 87 percent of the time (13-2) when Anthony Bennett has 19 points or more, 75 percent of the time (6-2) when Katin Reinhardt has five field goals made or more, and 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Anthony Marshall has six free throws made or more.
- The Rebels have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past nine games.
- This is the 20th game at home this season--UNLV has a 14.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Katin Reinhardt and Anthony Bennett) accounted for 53.3 percent of the points.
- Katin Reinhardt has led the team in scoring in four out of 33 games this season.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Katin Reinhardt's career.
- Anthony Marshall has five straight double-digit point games.
Colorado State Game Notes
- Colton Iverson accounted for 36.9 percent of the team's points.
- Colton Iverson accounted for 38.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Colton Iverson has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 15 times in 33 games this season.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Colton Iverson's career.
- Colton Iverson recorded a double-double. It was his 14th this season and 16th of his career.
- Colton Iverson set a career high with 16 rebounds.
- Wes Eikmeier has three straight double-digit point games.