Pacific just barely got by Cal Poly 55-53 in the semifinals of the Big West Tournament on Friday, Mar. 15. The Tigers go to 2-1 against Cal Poly this season with the win. The Tigers got the win with a season-high 20 points and three rebounds from Tony Gill. Travis Fulton had 12 points and added two rebounds. Chris Eversley got a team-high 12 points and five rebounds for the Mustangs. Cal Poly (18-13) finished the regular season third in the Big West with a 12-6 conference record. To get to the semifinals, Cal Poly topped UC Davis (64-41).
Pacific Game Notes
- The last time Pacific started the season 21-12 was 2008.
- The win over Cal Poly extended the Pacific winning streak to six games.
- The Tigers have won seven close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Pacific is 24-32 in close games.
- Pacific has won 82 percent of the time this season (14-3) when its three-point percentage has been 41.7 percent or better.
- Pacific has won 80 percent of the time this season (8-2) after committing nine or fewer turnovers.
- Pacific has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record 53 or fewer total points.
- Pacific has won 76 percent of the time this season (13-4) after holding an opponent to under 42.9 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Pacific has won 80 percent of the time (8-2) when Travis Fulton has 12 points or more, 71 percent of the time (5-2) when Colin Beatty has six rebounds or more, and 88 percent of the time (7-1) when Lorenzo McCloud has six assists or more.
- The Tigers have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past six games.
- Pacific has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the fourth win of the season where the Tigers came back after being down at halftime.
- Tony Gill accounted for 36.3 percent of the team's points.
- The bench recorded more points (32) than the starters (23).
- Tony Gill has led the team in scoring in four out of 33 games this season.
- Colin Beatty has led the team in rebounding in four out of 33 games this season.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Tony Gill's career.
Cal Poly Game Notes
- The Mustangs have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Cal Poly is 29-31 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Chris Eversley and Chris O`Brien) accounted for 43.3 percent of the points.
- Chris Eversley has led the team in scoring 17 times in 31 games this season.
- Drake U`u has led the team in rebounding three times in 31 games this season.