Florida State 62
(18-15, 5-8 away)
North Carolina 83
(23-9, 16-3 home)
Venue: Greensboro Coliseum
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, March 15, 2013
||M Snaer 20
||M Snaer 7
||M Snaer 5
||P Hairston 21
||R Bullock 9
||M Paige 10
Florida State allowed 30 points from three-point territory to North Carolina and was smoked by the Tar Heels 83-62 in the quarterfinals of the ACC Tournament on Friday, Mar. 15. The Seminoles are now 0-3 against North Carolina this season. Michael Snaer got a team-high 20 points and seven rebounds in the loss. Aaron Thomas scored eight points and added four rebounds. For the Tar Heels, Reggie Bullock finished with 17 points and nine rebounds. Florida State (18-15) finished the regular season sixth in the ACC with a 9-9 record in conference play. To get to the quarterfinals, Florida State defeated Clemson (73-69).
Florida State Game Notes
- The Seminoles have lost 75 percent of the time this season (2-6) after having a three-point percentage of 25.0 percent or worse.
- Florida State has lost 75 percent of the time this season (2-6) after recording eight or fewer assists.
- When the opposition records 31 or more field goals made this season, Florida State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 20 or more assists this season, Florida State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 49.2 percent or better this season, Florida State has lost 83 percent of the time (1-5).
- The Seminoles have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past six games.
- Michael Snaer accounted for 32.2 percent of the team's points.
- Michael Snaer has led the team in scoring 16 times and in rebounding 6 times in 33 games this season.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Michael Snaer's career.
- Michael Snaer has six straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Michael Snaer.
- Michael Snaer had a career high with eight field goals made.
North Carolina Game Notes
- The top two scorers (P.J. Hairston and Reggie Bullock) accounted for 45.7 percent of the points.
- P.J. Hairston has led the team in scoring eight times in 32 games this season.
- Reggie Bullock has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 32 games this season.
- This game was the first double-digit assist game of Marcus Paige's career.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of P.J. Hairston's career.
- P.J. Hairston has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- James Michael McAdoo has seven straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for James Michael McAdoo.
|-||T. Whisnant II||8||0||0||0||0||0||0|