Western Michigan 63
(20-12, 8-10 away)
(24-8, 17-2 home)
Venue: Quicken Loans Arena
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, March 15, 2013
||N Hutcheson 16
||S Whittington 12
||D Brown 3
||D Cooper 21
||W Offutt 11
||D Cooper 10
On Friday, Mar. 15, Ohio beat Western Michigan 74-63 in the semifinals of the MAC Tournament. With the win, the Bobcats stay undefeated against Western Michigan this season at 2-0. D.J Cooper picked up a double-double in the win including a game-high 21 points and 10 assists. Walter Offutt got a double-double as well with 14 points and 11 rebounds. For the Broncos, Nate Hutcheson finished with a team-high 16 points and three rebounds. Western Michigan (20-12) finished the regular season third in the MAC with a 10-6 conference record. To get to the semifinals, Western Michigan took down Eastern Michigan (70-55).
Ohio Game Notes
- The win over Western Michigan extended the Ohio winning streak to four games.
- Ohio beat the spread by 4.5 points. That makes the 13th time this season the Bobcats have beaten the spread.
- Ohio has won every game this season (16-0) when its field goal percentage has been 48.1 percent or better.
- The Bobcats have won 93 percent of the time this season (14-1) after recording 10 or more steals.
- Ohio has won 75 percent of the time this season (9-3) after committing 10 or fewer turnovers.
- Ohio has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record 29 or fewer rebounds.
- This season Ohio has won 82 percent of the time (14-3) when Reggie Keely has 12 points or more, 80 percent of the time (8-2) when Nick Kellogg plays 30 minutes or more, and 75 percent of the time (9-3) when Walter Offutt has five field goals made or more.
- The Bobcats set a season high for three-point percentage (52.4).
- The last time Ohio had a three-point percentage of 52.4 percent or higher was Jan 26, 2011 against Eastern Michigan.
- The Bobcats have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past five games.
- Ohio has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past five games.
- The top two scorers (D.J Cooper and Walter Offutt) accounted for 47.2 percent of the points.
- Walter Offutt accounted for 37.9 percent of the team's rebounds.
- D.J Cooper has led the team in scoring in 14 out of 32 games this season.
- Walter Offutt has led the team in rebounding in seven out of 32 games this season.
- This marks the 30th 20-point game of D.J Cooper's career.
- D.J Cooper has five straight double-digit point games.
- D.J Cooper recorded a double-double. It was his sixth this season and 23rd of his career.
- Walter Offutt recorded the second double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Walter Offutt recorded a double-double. It was the second of his career.
- Walter Offutt had career highs with 11 rebounds and eight defensive rebounds.
Western Michigan Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Darius Paul and Nate Hutcheson) accounted for 50.7 percent of the points.
- Shayne Whittington accounted for 41.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Darius Paul has led the team in scoring five times in 32 games this season.
- Shayne Whittington has led the team in rebounding 18 times in 32 games this season.
- Shayne Whittington recorded the 17th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Brandon Pokley has three straight double-digit point games.
- Darius Paul has three straight double-digit point games.