On Friday, Mar. 15, Oklahoma State was defeated by Kansas State 68-57 in the semifinals of the Big 12 Tournament. The Cowboys fall to 3-4 versus AP-ranked teams this season with the loss. Marcus Smart put up a team-high 18 points and six rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl) in the Cowboys loss. Le`Bryan Nash had 11 points and added five rebounds. Rodney McGruder recorded his third straight game with 22 points or more for the Wildcats, scoring a game-high 25 points (9 Reb 3 Ast) on 57.1 percent shooting in 38 minutes. Oklahoma State (24-8) finished the regular season third in the Big 12 with a 13-5 record in conference play. To get to the semifinals, Oklahoma State took down Baylor (74-72).
Oklahoma State Game Notes
- Prior to this game, OSU played 51 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 14-37.
- OSU set season lows for field goals made (18) and field goal percentage (30.5).
- Marcus Smart accounted for 31.5 percent of the team's points.
- Marcus Smart has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 32 games this season.
- Philip Jurick has led the team in rebounding in 13 out of 32 games this season.
- Marcus Smart has five straight double-digit point games.
- Le`Bryan Nash has seven straight double-digit point games.
Kansas State Game Notes
- Rodney McGruder accounted for 36.7 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Jordan Henriquez and Rodney McGruder) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Rodney McGruder has led the team in scoring 17 times in 33 games this season.
- Jordan Henriquez has led the team in rebounding nine times in 33 games this season.
- This marks the 25th 20-point game of Rodney McGruder's career.
- Rodney McGruder has three straight 20+ point games.
- Angel Rodriguez has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- Jordan Henriquez recorded the ninth double-digit rebound game of his career.