UC Irvine 67
(20-14, 6-13 away)
Long Beach State 60
(19-13, 12-4 home)
Venue: Honda Center
9:30PM ET / 6:30PM PT, March 15, 2013
|Long Beach State
||A Young 18
||W Davis II 9
||D Starring 7
|Long Beach State
||K King 15
||M Caffey 9
||M Caffey 4
Long Beach State was defeated by UC Irvine 67-60 in the semifinals of the Big West Tournament on Friday, Mar. 15. The 49ers go to 1-2 against UC Irvine this season with the loss. The 49ers were paced by Michael Caffey, who put up 14 points and nine rebounds. Keala King had a team-high 15 points and added eight rebounds. Will Davis II finished with 14 points and nine rebounds for the Anteaters. Long Beach State (19-13) finished the regular season first in the Big West with a 14-4 record in conference play. To get to the semifinals, Long Beach State defeated Cal State Fullerton (75-66).
Long Beach State Game Notes
- Long Beach State has lost 86 percent of the time this season (1-6) after recording one or fewer blocks.
- The 49ers have lost 80 percent of the time this season (2-8) after having a field goal percentage of 41.7 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records four or more blocks this season, Long Beach State has lost 86 percent of the time (1-6).
- LBSU set season lows for free throws made (five) and steals (two).
- The 49ers have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past four games.
- Long Beach State has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past four games.
- The top two scorers (Keala King and Tony Freeland) accounted for 50.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Michael Caffey and Keala King) accounted for 42.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Keala King has led the team in scoring in three out of 32 games this season.
- James Ennis has 32 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for James Ennis.
UC Irvine Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Alex Young and Will Davis II) accounted for 47.7 percent of the points.
- Will Davis II accounted for 32.1 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Alex Young has led the team in scoring four times in 34 games this season.
- Will Davis II has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 34 games this season.
- Chris McNealy has three straight double-digit point games.
- Chris McNealy set a career high with six offensive rebounds.
- Alex Young has four straight double-digit point games.
- Will Davis II has eight straight double-digit point games.
|A||Will Davis II||30||14||9||1||0||3||1|