(13-19, 5-8 away)
(21-11, 19-2 home)
Venue: United Center
8:55PM ET / 5:55PM PT, March 14, 2013
||R Hearn 19
||R Hearn 10
||D Sobolewski 5
||R Devyn Marble 19
||M Basabe 12
||E May 5
On Thursday, Mar. 14, Northwestern lost to Iowa 73-59 in the first round of the Big Ten Tournament. With the loss, the Wildcats remain winless against Iowa this season at 0-3. The Wildcats got a double-double out of Reggie Hearn with a team-high 19 points and 10 rebounds. Alex Olah also had a good outing, scoring 12 points and adding seven rebounds. Melsahn Basabe got a double-double for the Hawkeyes on 10 points and 12 rebounds. Northwestern (13-19) finished the regular season 11th in the Big Ten with a 4-14 record in conference play.
Northwestern Game Notes
- The Wildcats have lost 92 percent of the time this season (1-11) after having a field goal percentage of 36.7 percent or worse.
- Northwestern has lost 88 percent of the time this season (2-15) after recording 59 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition records 73 or more total points this season, Northwestern has lost 100 percent of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition commits seven or fewer turnovers this season, Northwestern has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records six or more three-pointers this season, Northwestern has lost 80 percent of the time (3-12).
- Northwestern has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past seven games.
- Reggie Hearn accounted for 32.2 percent of the team's points.
- Reggie Hearn accounted for 32.2 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Reggie Hearn has led the team in scoring 12 times and in rebounding 8 times in 32 games this season.
- Reggie Hearn recorded the third double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Reggie Hearn recorded a double-double. It was his second this season and third of his career.
- Reggie Hearn had a career high with eight defensive rebounds.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Alex Marcotullio.
Iowa Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Roy Devyn Marble and Mike Gesell) accounted for 43.8 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Melsahn Basabe and Zach McCabe) accounted for 41.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Roy Devyn Marble has led the team in scoring 13 times in 32 games this season.
- Melsahn Basabe has led the team in rebounding eight times in 32 games this season.
- Eric May set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
- Melsahn Basabe recorded the 16th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Melsahn Basabe recorded a double-double. It was his third this season and 12th of his career.