(21-10, 9-4 away)
(23-9, 15-4 home)
Venue: Barclays Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, March 15, 2013
||C Williams 28
||C Lalanne 8
||C Williams 5
||K Wyatt 19
||R Hollis-Jefferson 9
||R Hollis-Jefferson 7
On Friday, Mar. 15, Temple fell to Massachusetts 79-74 in the quarterfinals of the A-10 Tournament. The Owls tied the season series against Massachusetts at 1-1 with the loss. The Owls got 17 points and nine rebounds (7 Ast 3 Stl) from Rahlir Hollis-Jefferson. Khalif Wyatt had 19 points and added four rebounds. For the Minutemen, Chaz Williams got a season-high 28 points and five assists. Temple (23-9) finished the regular season fourth in the A-10 with an 11-5 record in conference play.
Temple Game Notes
- The Owls have been unlucky five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Temple is 41-21 in close games.
- Temple set a season low for rebounds (23).
- Temple has been outshot by their opponents in three-point percentage for the past five games.
- This is the third loss of the season where the Owls opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Khalif Wyatt and Rahlir Hollis-Jefferson) accounted for 48.6 percent of the points.
- Rahlir Hollis-Jefferson accounted for 39.1 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Khalif Wyatt has led the team in scoring in 21 out of 32 games this season.
- Rahlir Hollis-Jefferson has led the team in rebounding in eight out of 32 games this season.
- Khalif Wyatt has 18 straight double-digit point games.
- Scootie Randall has nine straight double-digit point games.
- T.J. DiLeo had career highs with a 100 percent field goal percentage and a 100 percent three-point percentage.
Massachusetts Game Notes
- The Minutemen won this one, but have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Massachusetts is 37-27 in close games.
- Chaz Williams accounted for 35.4 percent of the team's points.
- Chaz Williams has led the team in scoring 12 times in 31 games this season.
- Cady Lalanne has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 31 games this season.
- This marks the 25th 20-point game of Chaz Williams's career.
- Chaz Williams has three straight double-digit point games.
- Terrell Vinson has seven straight double-digit point games.