Northern Colorado 56
(13-18, 5-13 away)
(24-6, 14-1 home)
Venue: Dahlberg Arena
10:00PM ET / 7:00PM PT, March 15, 2013
||C Osborne 18
||C Osborne 12
||T Unruh 4
||W Cherry 21
||K Jamar 10
||K Jamar 4
Northern Colorado fell to Montana 70-56 in the semifinals of the Big Sky Tournament on Friday, Mar. 15. The Bears are now 0-3 against Montana this season. Connor Osborne got 18 points and 12 rebounds for the Bears, earning a double-double. Derrick Barden also had a solid outing, scoring a team-high 18 points and adding seven rebounds. Kareem Jamar registered a double-double for the Grizzlies on 19 points and 10 rebounds. Northern Colorado (13-18) finished the regular season fourth in the Big Sky with a 10-10 record in conference play. To get to the semifinals, Northern Colorado beat Montana State (69-56).
Northern Colorado Game Notes
- Northern Colorado has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-5) after recording 56 or fewer total points.
- The Bears have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after having a field goal percentage of 37.3 percent or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 46.6 percent or better this season, Northern Colorado has lost 86 percent of the time (2-12).
- When the opposition records 27 or more field goals made this season, Northern Colorado has lost 83 percent of the time (2-10).
- When the opposition records 39 or more rebounds this season, Northern Colorado has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- UNC set a season low for blocks (zero).
- Northern Colorado has been outshot by their opponents in three-point percentage for the past four games.
- Derrick Barden accounted for 32.1 percent of the team's points.
- Connor Osborne accounted for 34.2 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Derrick Barden has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 31 games this season.
- Connor Osborne has led the team in rebounding in five out of 31 games this season.
- Connor Osborne recorded the second double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Connor Osborne recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
- Connor Osborne had career highs with eight field goals made, 12 rebounds, and six offensive rebounds.
Montana Game Notes
- Kareem Jamar recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 10.
- Will Cherry tallied a team season high in three pointers attempted with eight.
- The top two scorers (Will Cherry and Kareem Jamar) accounted for 57.1 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Kareem Jamar and Spencer Coleman) accounted for 43.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Will Cherry has led the team in scoring nine times in 30 games this season.
- Kareem Jamar has led the team in rebounding 17 times in 30 games this season.
- Kareem Jamar recorded the seventh double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Kareem Jamar has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Kareem Jamar recorded a double-double. It was his fourth this season and eighth of his career.
- This marks the 19th 20-point game of Will Cherry's career.