Northern Colorado 56
(13-18, 5-13 away)
(24-6, 14-1 home)
Venue: Dahlberg Arena
10:00PM ET / 7:00PM PT, March 15, 2013
||C Osborne 18
||C Osborne 12
||T Unruh 4
||W Cherry 21
||K Jamar 10
||K Jamar 4
Montana squared off with Northern Colorado on Friday, Mar. 15 and got a win over the Bears 70-56 in the semifinals of the Big Sky Tournament. The Grizzlies stay unbeaten against Northern Colorado this season at 3-0. Kareem Jamar earned a double-double for the Grizzlies including 19 points and 10 rebounds. Will Cherry had a game-high 21 points and added three assists. Connor Osborne got a double-double for the Bears on 18 points and 12 rebounds. This makes five wins in a row for the Grizzlies. Northern Colorado (13-18) finished the regular season fourth in the Big Sky with a 10-10 conference record. To get to the semifinals, Northern Colorado defeated Montana State (69-56).
Montana Game Notes
- Montana started 24-6 during the 2011 and 2005 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Northern Colorado extended the Montana winning streak to five games.
- UM beat the spread by six points. That makes the 15th time this season the Grizzlies have beaten the spread.
- The Grizzlies have won every game this season (14-0) after recording four or more blocks.
- Montana has won 75 percent of the time this season (12-4) after committing 13 or fewer turnovers.
- UM has won every game this season (9-0) when opponents record 56 or fewer total points.
- UM has won every game this season (6-0) after holding an opponent to under 37.3 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Montana has won 100 percent of the time (11-0) when Will Cherry plays 35 minutes or more, 71 percent of the time (5-2) when Kareem Jamar has seven field goals made or more, and 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Spencer Coleman has seven rebounds or more.
- The Grizzlies set a season high for rebounds (39).
- The last time UM recorded at least 39 rebounds was Feb 28, 2012 against Weber State.
- The Grizzlies have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past seven games.
- This is the 15th game at home this season--UM has a 11.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Kareem Jamar recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 10.
- Will Cherry tallied a team season high in three pointers attempted with eight.
- The top two scorers (Will Cherry and Kareem Jamar) accounted for 57.1 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Kareem Jamar and Spencer Coleman) accounted for 43.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Will Cherry has led the team in scoring in nine out of 30 games this season.
- Kareem Jamar has led the team in rebounding in 17 out of 30 games this season.
- Kareem Jamar recorded the seventh double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Kareem Jamar has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Kareem Jamar recorded a double-double. It was his fourth this season and eighth of his career.
- This marks the 19th 20-point game of Will Cherry's career.
Northern Colorado Game Notes
- Derrick Barden accounted for 32.1 percent of the team's points.
- Connor Osborne accounted for 34.2 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Derrick Barden has led the team in scoring 10 times in 31 games this season.
- Connor Osborne has led the team in rebounding five times in 31 games this season.
- Connor Osborne recorded the second double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Connor Osborne recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
- Connor Osborne set career highs with eight field goals made, 12 rebounds, and six offensive rebounds.