Texas State 65
(12-22, 6-10 away)
New Mexico State 74
(23-10, 17-1 home)
Venue: Orleans Arena
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, March 15, 2013
|New Mexico State
||J Wright 17
||J Wright 11
||P Hawkins 3
|New Mexico State
||S Bhullar 14
||S Bhullar 10
||K Ross-Miller 5
On Friday, Mar. 15, New Mexico State took on Texas State and defeated the Bobcats 74-65 in the semifinals of the WAC Tournament. With a record of 3-0, the Aggies remain undefeated against Texas State this season. The Aggies got a double-double out of Sim Bhullar with a team-high 14 points and 10 rebounds. K.C. Ross-Miller had 12 points (5 Ast 3 Stl). Joel Wright got a double-double for the Bobcats on a game-high 17 points and 11 rebounds. Texas State (12-22) finished the regular season seventh in the WAC with a 5-13 conference record. To get to the semifinals, Texas State got the best of Seattle (68-56) and Denver (72-68).
New Mexico State Game Notes
- The win over Texas State extended the New Mexico State winning streak to four games.
- New Mexico State has won 92 percent of the time this season (12-1) when its field goal percentage has been 49.0 percent or better.
- The Aggies have won 91 percent of the time this season (10-1) after recording 74 or more total points.
- NMSU has won every game this season (6-0) after holding an opponent to under 34.5 percent field goal percentage.
- NMSU has won every game this season (10-0) when opponents record seven or fewer assists.
- This season New Mexico State has won 82 percent of the time (9-2) when Sim Bhullar has 14 points or more, 81 percent of the time (13-3) when Daniel Mullings plays 36 minutes or more, and 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Bandja Sy has five free throws made or more.
- The Aggies have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past six games.
- The top two rebounders (Sim Bhullar and Bandja Sy) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Sim Bhullar has led the team in scoring five times and in rebounding 10 times in 33 games this season.
- Sim Bhullar recorded the fourth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Sim Bhullar recorded a double-double. It was the second of his career.
Texas State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Joel Wright and Deonte` Jones) accounted for 50.7 percent of the points.
- Joel Wright accounted for 31.4 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Joel Wright has led the team in scoring 18 times and in rebounding 19 times in 34 games this season.
- Joel Wright recorded the sixth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Joel Wright has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 10th foul out of the season for Joel Wright.
- Joel Wright recorded a double-double. It was the sixth of his career.
|C||Basil Brown II||10||1||2||0||1||0||0|
|C+||Terrel de Rouen||10||6||0||2||0||0||1|