(22-12, 6-7 away)
(3) Indiana 80
(27-5, 18-3 home)
Venue: United Center
12:00PM ET / 9:00AM PT, March 15, 2013
||T Abrams 16
||S McLaurin 7
||D Richardson 2
||C Zeller 24
||V Oladipo 11
||J Hulls 7
Indiana squared off with Illinois on Friday, Mar. 15 and won big against the Fighting Illini 80-64 in the quarterfinals of the Big Ten Tournament. The season series between the two teams is now tied at 1-1. The Hoosiers were led by Cody Zeller, who put up a game-high 24 points and nine rebounds. Victor Oladipo got a double-double with 12 points and 11 rebounds. Tracy Abrams got 16 points and four rebounds for the Fighting Illini. Illinois (22-12) finished the regular season seventh in the Big Ten with an 8-10 conference record. To get to the quarterfinals, Illinois overcame Minnesota (51-49).
Indiana Game Notes
- IU beat the spread by 6.5 points. That makes the 14th time this season the Hoosiers have beaten the spread.
- Indiana has won every game this season (7-0) when its field goal percentage has been 54.0 percent or better.
- The Hoosiers have won every game this season (6-0) after recording six or more blocks.
- Indiana has won 94 percent of the time this season (15-1) after committing 14 or fewer turnovers.
- IU has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record three or fewer steals.
- IU has won every game this season (12-0) after holding an opponent to under 34.5 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Indiana has won 91 percent of the time (21-2) when Victor Oladipo has 12 points or more, 90 percent of the time (9-1) when Christian Watford plays 30 minutes or more, and 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Kevin Ferrell has five field goals made or more.
- The top two scorers (Cody Zeller and Christian Watford) accounted for 48.7 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Victor Oladipo and Cody Zeller) accounted for 52.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Cody Zeller has led the team in scoring in 18 out of 32 games this season.
- Victor Oladipo has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 32 games this season.
- This marks the 16th 20-point game of Cody Zeller's career.
- Cody Zeller has four straight double-digit point games.
- Victor Oladipo recorded the fourth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Victor Oladipo recorded a double-double. It was the third of his career.
- Victor Oladipo had a career high with nine defensive rebounds.
Illinois Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Tracy Abrams and Brandon Paul) accounted for 50.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Sam McLaurin and Nnanna Egwu) accounted for 42.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Tracy Abrams has led the team in scoring five times in 34 games this season.
- Brandon Paul has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Tyler Griffey set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.