(18-14, 4-10 away)
Southern Miss 85
(25-8, 15-1 home)
Venue: Bank of Oklahoma Center
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, March 15, 2013
||C Cooper 20
||M Moore 5
||M Moore 3
||D Davis 27
||J Mills 10
||N Watson 7
Southern Miss squared off with Texas-El Paso on Friday, Mar. 15 and blew out the Miners 85-67 in the semifinals of the Conference USA Tournament. Southern Miss went up 48-31 at the half and continued to play well in the second half. With the win, the Golden Eagles stay unbeaten against Texas-El Paso this season at 2-0. The Golden Eagles were led by Neil Watson, who put up eight points on 60 percent shooting in 38 minutes. Dwayne Davis had a game-high 27 points and added two rebounds. For the Miners, Julian Washburn got 13 points and three rebounds. Texas-El Paso (18-14) finished the regular season third in Conference USA with a 10-6 conference record. To get to the semifinals, Texas-El Paso outplayed Houston (80-69).
Southern Miss Game Notes
- The last time USM started the season 25-8 was 2011.
- The win over Texas-El Paso extended the Southern Miss winning streak to three games.
- USM beat the spread by 15 points. That makes the 15th time this season the Golden Eagles have beaten the spread.
- The Golden Eagles have won every game this season (8-0) after recording 85 or more total points.
- Southern Miss has won every game this season (6-0) when its field goal percentage has been 58.5 percent or better.
- USM has won every game this season (12-0) when opponents record 12 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Southern Miss has won 85 percent of the time (11-2) when Jerrold Brooks has 13 points or more, 89 percent of the time (8-1) when Dwayne Davis plays 35 minutes or more, and 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Rashard McGill has four field goals made or more.
- USM set a season low for turnovers (seven).
- Dwayne Davis accounted for 31.7 percent of the team's points.
- Jonathan Mills accounted for 34.4 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Dwayne Davis has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 33 games this season.
- Jonathan Mills has led the team in rebounding in 17 out of 33 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Dwayne Davis's career.
- Dwayne Davis has four straight 20+ point games.
- Jonathan Mills recorded the 13th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jonathan Mills recorded a double-double. It was his fourth this season and eighth of his career.
Texas-El Paso Game Notes
- C.J. Cooper recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 11.
- The top two scorers (C.J. Cooper and Julian Washburn) accounted for 49.2 percent of the points.
- John Bohannon has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 32 games this season.
- This marks the first 20-point game of C.J. Cooper's career.
- C.J. Cooper has three straight double-digit point games.
- C.J. Cooper set career highs with 20 points, six field goals made, and four three-pointers.
- Julian Washburn has five straight double-digit point games.