|NC State||C Leslie 15.0||R Howell 10.7||L Brown 7.2|
|Miami||S Larkin 13.9||R Johnson 7.2||S Larkin 4.4|
NC State squares off against Miami (FL) in the semifinals of the ACC Tournament at Greensboro Coliseum on Saturday. Tipoff is at 1 p.m. ET and you can see it on ESPN or ACC Network. The Wolfpack lost to the Hurricanes 79-78 on Feb. 2 and are 5-2 against them over the last four years.
In a 75-56 dismantling of Virginia on Mar. 15, Scott Wood put up 23 points for the Wolfpack. He tallies 12.4 points per game and also adds 2.9 rebounds per game. For the Hurricanes, Kenny Kadji finished with 15 points and 11 rebounds in the 69-58 win over Boston College on Mar. 15. He is averaging 13.6 points and 7.0 rebounds per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Miami (FL) is strong in turnover percentage at 17.1. This is good enough for second in the conference and 28th in the nation.
Miami (FL) StatSmack
- NC State has a much lower in-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Miami ($15,683 vs. $50,148).
- Since 1998, NC State has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Miami (15 vs. three).
- Scott Wood is ranked 27th nationally in three-pointers.
- The NC State three-point leader (Scott Wood, 86 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Miami three-point leader (Shane Larkin, 54 three-pointers).
- NC State is better under pressure, and has defeated Miami in six out of the last eight games decided by five points or fewer.
- The NC State rebounding leader (Richard Howell, 330 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Miami rebounding leader (Kenny Kadji, 206 rebounds).
- Richard Howell is ranked 6th nationally in rebounds.
- AP voters think more highly of NC State and ranked them in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Miami (50 vs. 35).
- C.J. Leslie is ranked 5th in the ACC in points, 7th in the ACC in rebounds, and 9th in the ACC in blocks.
- NC State has a potent offense, scoring more points (77.7 per game vs. 69.0 per game) than Miami this season.
|D+||Thomas de Thaey||9||5||2||0||0||0||0|