Alabama A&M 59
(11-20, 3-14 away)
Southern University 72
(22-9, 14-0 home)
Venue: Curtis Culwell Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, March 15, 2013
||J Crutcher 19
||D Tabb 15
||J Crutcher 6
||M Miller 19
||M Miller 8
||J Grace 5
In a game where they scored 30 points from behind the arc, Southern University defeated Alabama A&M 72-59 in the semifinals of the SWAC Tournament. With the win, the Jaguars stay unbeaten against Alabama A&M this season at 3-0. The Jaguars got 19 points from Macolm Miller, with 18 points coming from three-point range. Derick Beltran also had a strong outing, scoring a team-high 19 points and adding four rebounds. Demarquelle Tabb recorded a double-double for the Bulldogs with 14 points and 15 rebounds (5 Blk 3 Stl). Alabama A&M (11-20) finished the regular season eighth in the SWAC with a 6-12 conference record. To get to the semifinals, Alabama A&M took down Grambling State (59-51).
Southern University Game Notes
- Southern University beat the spread by 4.5 points. That makes the 4th time this season the Jaguars have beaten the spread.
- The Jaguars have won every game this season (13-0) after recording 72 or more total points.
- Southern University has won every game this season (4-0) when its three-point percentage has been 50.0 percent or better.
- Southern University has won 80 percent of the time this season (12-3) after committing 10 or fewer turnovers.
- Southern University has won 89 percent of the time this season (17-2) when opponents record 12 or fewer free throws made.
- Southern University has won 88 percent of the time this season (14-2) after holding an opponent to under 29.4 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Southern University has won 100 percent of the time (10-0) when Macolm Miller has 19 points or more, 88 percent of the time (7-1) when Brandon Moore plays 33 minutes or more, and 73 percent of the time (8-3) when Derick Beltran has six field goals made or more.
- Southern University has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past nine games.
- The top two scorers (Derick Beltran and Macolm Miller) accounted for 52.7 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Javan Mitchell and Macolm Miller) accounted for 48.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Derick Beltran has led the team in scoring in 16 out of 31 games this season.
- Javan Mitchell has led the team in rebounding in six out of 31 games this season.
- Derick Beltran has three straight double-digit point games.
- Jameel Grace has three straight double-digit point games.
- Macolm Miller has six straight double-digit point games.
Alabama A&M Game Notes
- Jeremy Crutcher accounted for 32.2 percent of the team's points.
- Demarquelle Tabb accounted for 40.5 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Jeremy Crutcher has led the team in scoring 10 times in 31 games this season.
- Demarquelle Tabb has led the team in rebounding 23 times in 31 games this season.
- Demarquelle Tabb recorded the 26th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Demarquelle Tabb recorded a double-double. It was his 14th this season and 23rd of his career.
- Demarquelle Tabb set a career high with five blocks.
- Green Hill set career highs with 17 points and three three-pointers.