On an evening when they had 15 turnovers, Texas-Pan American lost to Chicago State 63-55 in the semifinals of the Great West Tournament. The Broncs go to 2-1 against Chicago State this season with the loss. The Broncs got a game-high 17 points and seven rebounds from Brandon Provost. Jesus Delgado had six points and added five assists. Nate Duhon got a team-high 13 points and eight rebounds for the Cougars. Texas-Pan American (16-16) finished the regular season second in the Great West with a 5-3 record in conference play.
Texas-Pan American Game Notes
- The Broncs have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-5) after having a field goal percentage of 36.1 percent or worse.
- Texas-Pan American has lost 91 percent of the time this season (1-10) after recording 55 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition records 19 or more free throws made this season, Texas-Pan American has lost 80 percent of the time (1-4).
- UTPA set season lows for blocks (zero) and field goals made (13).
- Texas-Pan American has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past four games.
- Brandon Provost accounted for 30.9 percent of the team's points.
- Brandon Provost has led the team in scoring 18 times and in rebounding 8 times in 32 games this season.
- Brandon Provost has five straight double-digit point games.
- Aaron Urbanus has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Jesus Delgado.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Shaquille Hines.
Chicago State Game Notes
- Matt Ross accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Nate Duhon has led the team in scoring five times in 31 games this season.
- Matt Ross has led the team in rebounding 15 times in 31 games this season.
- Nate Duhon has four straight double-digit point games.
- Matt Ross recorded the sixth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Corey Gray set a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Quinton Pippen.