Kent State 59
(20-13, 8-7 away)
(25-6, 16-1 home)
Venue: Quicken Loans Arena
6:30PM ET / 3:30PM PT, March 15, 2013
||R Holt 19
||C Evans 9
||R Holt 5
||Z Marshall 18
||D Treadwell 12
||D Treadwell 4
Akron won by a slim margin against Kent State 62-59 in the semifinals of the MAC Tournament on Friday, Mar. 15. With the win, the Zips improve their record to 2-1 against Kent State this season. Zeke Marshall picked up a double-double for the Zips with a team-high 18 points and 10 rebounds. Demetrius Treadwell played his way to a double-double as well with 14 points and 12 rebounds (4 Ast 3 Stl). For the Golden Flashes, Randal Holt finished with a game-high 19 points and five assists. Kent State (20-13) finished the regular season fifth in the MAC with a 9-7 conference record. To get to the semifinals, Kent State took down Buffalo (70-68).
Akron Game Notes
- The last time Akron started the season 25-6 was 2006.
- The Zips have won seven close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Akron is 39-30 in close games.
- The Zips have won every game this season (12-0) after recording 16 or more assists.
- Akron has won 94 percent of the time this season (15-1) when its field goal percentage has been 47.8 percent or better.
- Akron has won every game this season (14-0) when opponents record 59 or fewer total points.
- Akron has won every game this season (11-0) after holding an opponent to under 35.7 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Akron has won 92 percent of the time (12-1) when Nick Harney has 11 points or more, 86 percent of the time (6-1) when Demetrius Treadwell plays 35 minutes or more, and 86 percent of the time (6-1) when Zeke Marshall has seven field goals made or more.
- The Zips set a season high for blocks (10).
- The Zips have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past eight games.
- Akron has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past six games.
- The top two scorers (Zeke Marshall and Demetrius Treadwell) accounted for 51.6 percent of the points.
- Demetrius Treadwell accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Zeke Marshall has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 31 games this season.
- Demetrius Treadwell has led the team in rebounding in 17 out of 31 games this season.
- Demetrius Treadwell recorded the eighth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Demetrius Treadwell has six straight double-digit point games.
- Demetrius Treadwell recorded a double-double. It was the eighth of his career.
- Zeke Marshall recorded the 12th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Zeke Marshall has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Zeke Marshall recorded a double-double. It was his sixth this season and ninth of his career.
- Nick Harney had a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
Kent State Game Notes
- The Golden Flashes have lost six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Kent State is 42-25 in close games.
- Randal Holt accounted for 32.2 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Chris Evans and Darren Goodson) accounted for 45.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Randal Holt has led the team in scoring 10 times in 33 games this season.
- Chris Evans has led the team in rebounding 23 times in 33 games this season.
- Randal Holt has seven straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Chris Evans.
- This was the seventh foul out of the season for Mark Henniger.