Kent State 59
(20-13, 8-7 away)
(25-6, 16-1 home)
Venue: Quicken Loans Arena
6:30PM ET / 3:30PM PT, March 15, 2013
||R Holt 19
||C Evans 9
||R Holt 5
||Z Marshall 18
||D Treadwell 12
||D Treadwell 4
Kent State suffered a close loss to Akron 62-59 in the semifinals of the MAC Tournament on Friday, Mar. 15. The Golden Flashes go to 1-2 against Akron this season with the loss. The Golden Flashes were led by Randal Holt, who put up a game-high 19 points and five assists. Darren Goodson scored eight points and added seven rebounds. Zeke Marshall registered a double-double for the Zips with a team-high 18 points and 10 rebounds. Kent State (20-13) finished the regular season fifth in the MAC with a 9-7 record in conference play. To get to the semifinals, Kent State got the best of Buffalo (70-68).
Kent State Game Notes
- The last time KSU started the season 20-13 was 2004.
- KSU beat the spread by two points. That makes the 16th time this season the Golden Flashes have beaten the spread.
- The Golden Flashes have been unlucky six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Kent State is 42-25 in close games.
- Kent State has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-5) after recording 59 or fewer total points.
- The Golden Flashes have lost 83 percent of the time this season (1-5) after having a field goal percentage of 35.7 percent or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 47.8 percent or better this season, Kent State has lost 78 percent of the time (2-7).
- The Golden Flashes have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past five games.
- Randal Holt accounted for 32.2 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Chris Evans and Darren Goodson) accounted for 45.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Randal Holt has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 33 games this season.
- Chris Evans has led the team in rebounding in 23 out of 33 games this season.
- Randal Holt has seven straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Chris Evans.
- This was the seventh foul out of the season for Mark Henniger.
Akron Game Notes
- The Zips won this one, but have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Akron is 39-30 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Zeke Marshall and Demetrius Treadwell) accounted for 51.6 percent of the points.
- Demetrius Treadwell accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Zeke Marshall has led the team in scoring 13 times in 31 games this season.
- Demetrius Treadwell has led the team in rebounding 17 times in 31 games this season.
- Demetrius Treadwell recorded the eighth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Demetrius Treadwell has six straight double-digit point games.
- Demetrius Treadwell recorded a double-double. It was the eighth of his career.
- Zeke Marshall recorded the 12th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Zeke Marshall has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Zeke Marshall recorded a double-double. It was his sixth this season and ninth of his career.
- Nick Harney set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.