(14-20, 4-16 away)
Morgan State 82
(17-14, 7-5 home)
Venue: Norfolk Scope Arena
6:00PM ET / 3:00PM PT, March 15, 2013
||K Dukes 20
||A Coleman 8
||R Johnson 4
||S Duncan 17
||J Black 9
||J Black 5
On Friday, Mar. 15, Bethune-Cookman was defeated by Morgan State 82-71 in the semifinals of the MEAC Tournament. The Wildcats were paced by Kevin Dukes, who got a game-high 20 points, with 15 coming from three-point range. Ricky Johnson also had a strong showing, scoring 18 points and adding four assists. For the Bears, Justin Black finished with 16 points and nine rebounds. Bethune-Cookman (14-20) finished the regular season eighth in the MEAC with a 7-9 record in conference play. To get to the semifinals, Bethune-Cookman beat Coppin State (89-78) and Norfolk State (70-68).
Bethune-Cookman Game Notes
- Bethune-Cookman has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-5) after recording one or fewer blocks.
- The Wildcats have lost 88 percent of the time this season (2-14) after having a field goal percentage of 38.7 percent or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 56.6 percent or better this season, Bethune-Cookman has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 30 or more field goals made this season, Bethune-Cookman has lost 80 percent of the time (1-4).
- When the opposition records 14 or more assists this season, Bethune-Cookman has lost 75 percent of the time (4-12).
- B-CU set a season low for turnovers (five).
- Bethune-Cookman has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past five games.
- The top two scorers (Kevin Dukes and Ricky Johnson) accounted for 53.5 percent of the points.
- Kevin Dukes has led the team in scoring in five out of 34 games this season.
- Adrien Coleman has led the team in rebounding in 17 out of 34 games this season.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Kevin Dukes's career.
- Kevin Dukes has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the sixth foul out of the season for Malik Jackson.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Paul Scotland.
Morgan State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Shaquille Duncan and Justin Black) accounted for 40.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Justin Black and Shaquille Duncan) accounted for 40.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Shaquille Duncan has led the team in scoring three times in 31 games this season.
- Justin Black has led the team in rebounding six times in 31 games this season.
- DeWayne Jackson has four straight double-digit point games.
- Justin Black set a career high with seven defensive rebounds.
- Shaquille Duncan set a career high with 17 points.
- Anthony Hubbard has three straight double-digit point games.