Saint Joseph's 79
(18-13, 6-9 away)
(25) VCU 82
(25-7, 17-3 home)
Venue: Barclays Center
6:30PM ET / 3:30PM PT, March 15, 2013
||C Jones 29
||C Aiken 8
||H Kanacevic 7
||T Graham 17
||J Reddic 8
||D Theus 6
St. Joseph's (PA) was edged by Virginia Commonwealth 82-79 in the quarterfinals of the A-10 Tournament on Friday, Mar. 15. The Hawks go to 1-5 versus AP-ranked teams this season with the loss. The Hawks got 25 points (3 Ast 3 Stl) from Langston Galloway, with 15 points coming from three-point range. Carl Jones also had a solid game, scoring a game-high 29 points. For the Rams, Treveon Graham finished with a team-high 17 points and three rebounds. St. Joseph's (PA) (18-13) finished the regular season eighth in the A-10 with an 8-8 record in conference play. To get to the quarterfinals, St. Joseph's (PA) got the best of Xavier (58-57).
St. Joseph's (PA) Game Notes
- St. Joseph's (PA) started 18-13 during the 2006 and 2005 seasons (since 1996).
- StJoe beat the spread by 4.5 points. That makes the 13th time this season the Hawks have beaten the spread.
- The Hawks have been unlucky four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, St. Joseph's (PA) is 25-33 in close games.
- Prior to this game, StJoe played 23 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 5-18.
- St. Joseph's (PA) has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after committing 17 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 50.0 percent or better this season, St. Joseph's (PA) has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 39.3 percent or better this season, St. Joseph's (PA) has lost 88 percent of the time (1-7).
- When the opposition records 17 or more assists this season, St. Joseph's (PA) has lost 88 percent of the time (1-7).
- The Hawks set season highs for free throws made (22) and three-point percentage (52.9).
- The last time StJoe had a three-point percentage of 52.9 percent or higher was Nov 20, 2011 against Tulsa.
- StJoe set a season low for blocks (one).
- The Hawks have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past seven games.
- Carl Jones accounted for 36.7 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (C.J. Aiken and Halil Kanacevic) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Carl Jones has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 31 games this season.
- C.J. Aiken has led the team in rebounding in five out of 31 games this season.
- This marks the 26th 20-point game of Carl Jones's career.
- This marks the 22nd 20-point game of Langston Galloway's career.
- Langston Galloway has three straight double-digit point games.
Virginia Commonwealth Game Notes
- The Rams won this one, but have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Virginia Commonwealth is 37-30 in close games.
- The top two rebounders (Juvonte Reddic and Jarred Guest) accounted for 41.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Treveon Graham has led the team in scoring 13 times in 32 games this season.
- Juvonte Reddic has led the team in rebounding 25 times in 32 games this season.
- Treveon Graham has six straight double-digit point games.
- Darius Theus set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
- Melvin Johnson has three straight double-digit point games.
|C+||R. Roberts Jr.||25||5||5||0||0||0||1|