SE Louisiana 57
(13-18, 3-15 away)
Stephen F. Austin 68
(27-3, 16-0 home)
Venue: Leonard E. Merrell Center
6:00PM ET / 3:00PM PT, March 15, 2013
|Stephen F. Austin
||O Ochie 12
||O Ochie 6
||J Ricard 5
|Stephen F. Austin
||A Bostic 16
||T Smith 11
||H Bateman 5
On Friday, Mar. 15, Stephen F. Austin got a victory over Southeastern Louisiana 68-57 in the semifinals of the Southland Tournament. The Lumberjacks move to 2-1 against Southeastern Louisiana this season with the win. Taylor Smith secured a double-double in the Lumberjacks win including 14 points and 11 rebounds. Antonio Bostic also had a strong outing, scoring 16 points and adding five rebounds. Dre Evans finished with 11 points and four rebounds for the Lions. Southeastern Louisiana (13-18) finished the regular season fourth in the Southland with a 10-8 conference record. To get to the semifinals, Southeastern Louisiana topped McNeese State (85-65).
Stephen F. Austin Game Notes
- The win over Southeastern Louisiana extended the Stephen F. Austin winning streak to six games.
- The Lumberjacks have won every game this season (13-0) after recording 68 or more total points.
- Stephen F. Austin has won every game this season (8-0) when its field goal percentage has been 53.3 percent or better.
- Stephen F. Austin has won 94 percent of the time this season (16-1) after committing 12 or fewer turnovers.
- SFA has won every game this season (10-0) when opponents record eight or fewer free throws made.
- SFA has won 95 percent of the time this season (19-1) after holding an opponent to under 40.4 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Stephen F. Austin has won 95 percent of the time (20-1) when Taylor Smith has 14 points or more, 88 percent of the time (14-2) when Desmond Haymon plays 31 minutes or more, and 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Antonio Bostic has six field goals made or more.
- The Lumberjacks have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past eight games.
- The top two scorers (Antonio Bostic and Desmond Haymon) accounted for 47.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Taylor Smith and Jacob Parker) accounted for 45.9 percent of the rebounds.
- Antonio Bostic has led the team in scoring in six out of 30 games this season.
- Taylor Smith has led the team in rebounding in 24 out of 30 games this season.
- Antonio Bostic has five straight double-digit point games.
- Taylor Smith recorded the 16th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Taylor Smith recorded a double-double. It was his 12th this season and 15th of his career.
- Desmond Haymon has five straight double-digit point games.
Southeastern Louisiana Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Onochie Ochie and Dre Evans) accounted for 40.3 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Onochie Ochie and Dre Evans) accounted for 41.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Onochie Ochie has led the team in rebounding three times in 31 games this season.
- Brandon Fortenberry has five straight double-digit point games.
- Dre Evans has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Dre Evans.
- Todd Nelson set career highs with a 100 percent field goal percentage and a 100 percent three-point percentage.