(17-15, 7-10 away)
(20) Memphis 85
(29-4, 20-1 home)
Venue: Bank of Oklahoma Center
6:40PM ET / 3:40PM PT, March 15, 2013
||S Haralson 25
||S Haralson 12
||R Ray 3
||C Crawford 30
||D Stephens 10
||A Thomas 6
On Friday, Mar. 15, Memphis knocked off Tulsa 85-74 in the semifinals of the Conference USA Tournament. The Tigers remain unbeaten against Tulsa this season at 2-0. D.J. Stephens earned a double-double for the Tigers including 10 points and 10 rebounds. Chris Crawford picked up his third straight game with 20 points or more, scoring a career-high 30 points on 71.4 percent shooting in 27 minutes. Scottie Haralson got achieved a double-double for the Golden Hurricane on a season-high 25 points and 12 rebounds. He made five of nine from three-point range. This makes five wins in a row for the Tigers. Tulsa (17-15) finished the regular season sixth in Conference USA with an 8-8 conference record. To get to the semifinals, Tulsa outplayed East Carolina (79-72).
Memphis Game Notes
- The win over Tulsa extended the Memphis winning streak to five games.
- The Tigers have won every game this season (8-0) after recording 85 or more total points.
- Memphis has won 86 percent of the time this season (12-2) when its field goal percentage has been 49.2 percent or better.
- Memphis has won every game this season (15-0) when opponents record 11 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Memphis has won 89 percent of the time (17-2) when Adonis Thomas has 11 points or more, 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Geron Johnson plays 37 minutes or more, and 79 percent of the time (11-3) when D.J. Stephens has four field goals made or more.
- Memphis set a season low for steals (four).
- The Tigers have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 14 games.
- Chris Crawford recorded a team season high in points with 30 and three-pointers with eight.
- Chris Crawford accounted for 35.2 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (D.J. Stephens and Tarik Black) accounted for 40.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Chris Crawford has led the team in scoring in eight out of 33 games this season.
- D.J. Stephens has led the team in rebounding in 14 out of 33 games this season.
- D.J. Stephens recorded the seventh double-digit rebound game of his career.
- D.J. Stephens recorded a double-double. It was his third this season and fourth of his career.
- D.J. Stephens had a career high with six blocks.
- Adonis Thomas had a career high with six assists.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Chris Crawford's career.
- Chris Crawford has three straight 20+ point games.
- Chris Crawford had career highs with 30 points, 10 field goals made, and eight three-pointers.
Tulsa Game Notes
- Scottie Haralson recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 12.
- Scottie Haralson accounted for 33.7 percent of the team's points.
- Scottie Haralson accounted for 32.4 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Scottie Haralson has led the team in scoring six times and in rebounding seven times in 32 games this season.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Scottie Haralson's career.
- Scottie Haralson has five straight double-digit point games.
- Scottie Haralson recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
- Scottie Haralson set career highs with nine field goals made, 12 rebounds, and 12 defensive rebounds.
- This was the 10th foul out of the season for Kauri Black.
|C+||P. Swilling Jr.||29||15||0||0||0||0||2|