North Dakota 74
(16-16, 6-11 away)
Weber State 76
(26-5, 16-1 home)
Venue: Dahlberg Arena
7:30PM ET / 4:30PM PT, March 15, 2013
||T Huff 22
||B Brekke 8
||J Webb 6
||D Berry 25
||J Bolomboy 8
||S Bamforth 3
North Dakota lost a close one to Weber State 76-74 in the semifinals of the Big Sky Tournament on Friday, Mar. 15. The Fighting Sioux stay winless against Weber State this season at 0-3. Troy Huff put up a team-high 22 points and eight rebounds for the Fighting Sioux. Jamal Webb had 13 points and added six assists. Scott Bamforth got 13 points and seven rebounds for the Wildcats. North Dakota (16-16) finished the regular season third in the Big Sky with a 12-8 record in conference play. To get to the semifinals, North Dakota topped Southern Utah (69-52).
North Dakota Game Notes
- UND beat the spread by 7.5 points. That makes the 16th time this season the Fighting Sioux have beaten the spread.
- The Fighting Sioux have been unlucky five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, North Dakota is 20-13 in close games.
- North Dakota has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-8) after recording four or fewer three-pointers.
- When the opposition records 30 or more field goals made this season, North Dakota has lost 80 percent of the time (1-4).
- When the opposition records 76 or more total points this season, North Dakota has lost 78 percent of the time (2-7).
- When the opposition records 39 or more rebounds this season, North Dakota has lost 77 percent of the time (3-10).
- UND set a season low for turnovers (five).
- The Fighting Sioux have outshot their opponents in three-point percentage for the past four games.
- This is the third loss of the season where the Fighting Sioux opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Troy Huff and Jamal Webb) accounted for 47.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Troy Huff and Brandon Brekke) accounted for 51.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Troy Huff has led the team in scoring 16 times and in rebounding 13 times in 32 games this season.
- This marks the 22nd 20-point game of Troy Huff's career.
- Troy Huff has 12 straight double-digit point games.
Weber State Game Notes
- The Wildcats won this one, but have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Weber State is 28-22 in close games.
- Scott Bamforth recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with nine.
- Davion Berry accounted for 32.8 percent of the team's points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (18) than the starters (17).
- Davion Berry has led the team in scoring 14 times in 31 games this season.
- Joel Bolomboy has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 31 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Davion Berry's career.
- Davion Berry set a career high with 25 points.
- Scott Bamforth has eight straight double-digit point games.