On Friday, Mar. 15, Weber State got by North Dakota 76-74 in the semifinals of the Big Sky Tournament. The Wildcats remain undefeated against North Dakota this season at 3-0. Scott Bamforth was exceptional for the Wildcats and put up 13 points and seven rebounds. Davion Berry also had a strong showing, scoring a game-high 25 points and adding six rebounds. For the Fighting Sioux, Troy Huff got a team-high 22 points and eight rebounds. North Dakota (16-16) finished the regular season third in the Big Sky with a 12-8 conference record. To get to the semifinals, North Dakota overcame Southern Utah (69-52).
Weber State Game Notes
- The win over North Dakota extended the Weber State winning streak to 13 games.
- The Wildcats have won five close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Weber State is 28-22 in close games.
- The Wildcats have won every game this season (13-0) after recording 76 or more total points.
- Weber State has won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) after committing nine or fewer turnovers.
- Weber State has won every game this season (9-0) when opponents record eight or fewer free throws made.
- This season Weber State has won 89 percent of the time (17-2) when Scott Bamforth has 13 points or more, 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Davion Berry plays 37 minutes or more, and 94 percent of the time (15-1) when Joel Bolomboy has eight rebounds or more.
- The Wildcats have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 13 games.
- This is the fourth win of the season where the Wildcats came back after being down at halftime.
- Scott Bamforth recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with nine.
- Davion Berry accounted for 32.8 percent of the team's points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (18) than the starters (17).
- Davion Berry has led the team in scoring in 14 out of 31 games this season.
- Joel Bolomboy has led the team in rebounding in 13 out of 31 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Davion Berry's career.
- Davion Berry had a career high with 25 points.
- Scott Bamforth has eight straight double-digit point games.
North Dakota Game Notes
- The Fighting Sioux have lost five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, North Dakota is 20-13 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Troy Huff and Jamal Webb) accounted for 47.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Troy Huff and Brandon Brekke) accounted for 51.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Troy Huff has led the team in scoring 16 times and in rebounding 13 times in 32 games this season.
- This marks the 22nd 20-point game of Troy Huff's career.
- Troy Huff has 12 straight double-digit point games.