On Friday, Mar. 15, Prairie View A&M took on Jackson State and knocked off the Tigers 88-75 in the semifinals of the SWAC Tournament. The Panthers now have a record of 2-1 against Jackson State this season. The Panthers were led by Jourdan DeMuynck, who put up a ridiculous 37 points and five rebounds. Montrael Scott had a career-high 20 points and added six rebounds. For the Tigers, Christian Williams finished with a team-high 27 points and five rebounds. Jackson State (11-18) finished the regular season fourth in the SWAC with a 9-9 conference record. To get to the semifinals, Jackson State took down Alabama State (66-59).
Prairie View A&M Game Notes
- PVAMU beat the spread by 15 points. That makes the 2nd time this season the Panthers have beaten the spread.
- The Panthers have won 80 percent of the time this season (8-2) after recording 28 or more field goals made.
- PVAMU has won 78 percent of the time this season (7-2) when opponents record one or fewer blocks.
- This season Prairie View A&M has won 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Carl Blair Jr plays 38 minutes or more, 89 percent of the time (8-1) when Jules Montgomery has eight rebounds or more, and 71 percent of the time (5-2) when Jourdan DeMuynck has three steals or more.
- The Panthers set season highs for assists (19), field goal percentage (56.0), and free throws made (28).
- The last time PVAMU had a field goal percentage of 56.0 percent or higher was Nov 25, 2008 against Southwestern Assemblies of God.
- Jourdan DeMuynck recorded a team season high in points with 37 and field goals made with 13.
- Jourdan DeMuynck accounted for 42.0 percent of the team's points.
- Jourdan DeMuynck has led the team in scoring in 19 out of 33 games this season.
- Jules Montgomery has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 33 games this season.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of Jourdan DeMuynck's career.
- Jourdan DeMuynck had career highs with 37 points and 13 field goals made.
- This game was the fifth double-digit assist game of Carl Blair Jr's career.
- Carl Blair Jr recorded a double-double. It was his third this season and sixth of his career.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Montrael Scott's career.
- Montrael Scott had career highs with 20 points and five assists.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Jules Montgomery.
Jackson State Game Notes
- Christian Williams accounted for 36.0 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Willie Readus and Christian Williams) accounted for 42.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Christian Williams has led the team in scoring 10 times in 29 games this season.
- Willie Readus has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 29 games this season.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Christian Williams's career.
- Christian Williams has six straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Christian Williams.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Jonathan Lewis.
- Jonathan Lewis set a career high with seven assists.