|Saint Joseph's||C Jones 14.5||R Roberts Jr. 8.4||H Kanacevic 3.6|
|VCU||T Graham 15.8||J Reddic 8.2||D Theus 4.9|
Virginia Commonwealth takes on St. Joseph's (PA) in the quarterfinals of the A-10 Tournament at Barclays Center on Friday. The game gets underway at 6:30 p.m. ET and you can catch it on TCN, FSN-OH, MW, CSN+. The Rams beat the Hawks 92-86 on Jan. 17.
The Rams were defeated by Temple 84-76 on Mar. 10 despite 20 points and nine rebounds from Juvonte Reddic. He leads the team with 8.2 rebounds per game and 0.9 blocks per game. For the Hawks, Halil Kanacevic finished with 11 points and seven rebounds in the 58-57 win over Xavier on Mar. 14. He is averaging 8.6 points per game and leads the team in assists with 3.6 per game.
There is a single key statistical area where Virginia Commonwealth can exploit St. Joseph's (PA), scoring, where the Rams have an edge over the Hawks, 78.2 points per game to 67.4 points per game.
St. Joseph's (PA) StatSmack
- The Virginia Commonwealth steals leader (Briante Weber, 86 steals) has more steals than the St. Joseph's steals leader (Langston Galloway, 40 steals).
- Diaper Dandies love Virginia Commonwealth. Virginia Commonwealth has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than St. Joseph's (2 vs. 1).
- Boom! Virginia Commonwealth defeated St. Joseph's by 6 points the last time they played (Jan 17, 2013).
- It's only wins and losses, but Virginia Commonwealth has a better overall record than St. Joseph's this season (24-7 vs. 18-12).
- Virginia Commonwealth is ranked higher than St. Joseph's in the A-10 (No. 2 vs. No. 8).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Virginia Commonwealth currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (956 to 949) than St. Joseph's, per the NCAA.
- Troy Daniels is ranked 6th nationally in three-pointers.
- Virginia Commonwealth has a better conference record than St. Joseph's this season (12-4 vs. 8-8).
- Briante Weber is ranked 5th nationally in steals.
- Virginia Commonwealth has a potent offense, scoring more points (78.1 per game vs. 67.0 per game) than St. Joseph's this season.
- The Virginia Commonwealth three-point leader (Troy Daniels, 107 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the St. Joseph's three-point leader (Langston Galloway, 71 three-pointers).
|B||R. Roberts Jr.||31||12||9||1||1||1||2|