|North Dakota||T Huff 19.1||T Huff 7.1||J Webb 4.2|
|Weber State||D Berry 15.3||J Bolomboy 7.5||D Berry 3.6|
Weber State squares off against North Dakota in the semifinals of the Big Sky Tournament at Dahlberg Arena on Friday. It gets started at 7:30 p.m. ET. The Wildcats beat the Fighting Sioux 66-51 on Jan. 31 and are 2-0 against them over the last four years.
In their last game on Mar. 14, Frank Otis put up 16 points and six rebounds as the Wildcats ran it up on Northern Arizona 84-58. In addition to his 9.0 points per game, he is also chipping in 5.8 rebounds per game. For the Fighting Sioux, Mitch Wilmer put up 11 points and 14 rebounds in the 69-52 win over Southern Utah on Mar. 14. He is averaging 5.8 points per game in addition to a team-best 1.4 blocks per game.
In terms of team stats, Weber State has an advantage in a single key area, scoring, where the Wildcats have an edge over the Fighting Sioux, 76 points per game to 67.4 points per game.
North Dakota StatSmack
- Weber State has more wins over the last 5 years than North Dakota (125 vs. 61).
- The Weber State blocks leader (Joel Bolomboy, 53 blocks) has more blocks than the North Dakota blocks leader (Mitch Wilmer, 44 blocks).
- Weber State has a potent offense, scoring more points (76.0 per game vs. 67.2 per game) than North Dakota this season.
- Weber State allows fewer rebounds (29.7 allowed per game vs. 35.9 allowed per game) than North Dakota this season.
- Weber State is a better shooting team (50.9 percent vs. 42.2 percent) than North Dakota this season.
- Scott Bamforth is ranked 10th in the Big Sky in points and 3rd in the Big Sky in three-pointers.
- It's only wins and losses, but Weber State has a better overall record than North Dakota this season (25-5 vs. 16-15).
- Weber State has a better record at home than North Dakota this season (14-1 vs. 9-5).
- Even computers respect Weber State more. Weber State has a better RPI this season than North Dakota (RPI: No. 93 vs. No. 229).
- Be afraid. Weber State has blown out more teams than North Dakota this season (nine blowouts vs. two).
- A for effort, but Weber State has emerged victorious against North Dakota the last two times they've played.