Notre Dame vs. Louisville: Full Game Preview
|Notre Dame||J Grant 13.4||J Cooley 10.4||E Atkins 5.8|
|Louisville||R Smith 18.3||G Dieng 9.8||P Siva 5.8|
On Friday, No. 4 Louisville meets No. 24 Notre Dame. The game tips off at 9 p.m. EST and it can be seen on ESPN. The Cardinals defeated the Fighting Irish 73-57 on Mar. 9 and are 5-4 against them over the past four years.
Louisville is first in the Big East and Notre Dame is in fifth. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
The 28 points by Russ Smith helped the Cardinals to a 74-55 cakewalk over Villanova on Mar. 14. He leads the team with 18.3 points per game and 2.1 steals per game. For the Fighting Irish, Jerian Grant put up 17 points and six rebounds in the 73-65 win over Marquette on Mar. 14. He leads the team with 13.4 points per game. Notre Dame will hope to exploit their strengths, which include: effective field goal percentage at 52.5 and turnover percentage at 17.1.
Notre Dame StatSmack
- Louisville has more NCAA Tournament wins over the last 10 years than Notre Dame (16 vs. four).
- Louisville has a stronger schedule than Notre Dame this season (SOS Rank: No. 10 vs. No. 76).
- Be afraid. Louisville has blown out more teams than Notre Dame this season (11 blowouts vs. seven).
- The Louisville blocks leader (Gorgui Dieng, 63 blocks) has more blocks than the Notre Dame blocks leader (Jack Cooley, 40 blocks).
- AP voters think more highly of Louisville and ranked them in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Notre Dame (152 vs. 95).
- Since 1998, Louisville has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Notre Dame (15 vs. six).
- Louisville has an average margin of victory of 8 over Notre Dame in 14 wins since 1987.
- The Louisville scoring leader (Russ Smith, 584 points) has more points than the Notre Dame scoring leader (Jerian Grant, 425 points).
- Louisville has a better conference record than Notre Dame this season (14-4 vs. 11-7).
- Louisville has a better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (73.9 percent to 66.7 percent).
- The Louisville steals leader (Russ Smith, 66 steals) has more steals than the Notre Dame steals leader (Eric Atkins, 47 steals).
|C||S. Van Treese||11||2||3||0||0||0||0|