Saint Joseph's vs. VCU: Full Game Preview
|Saint Joseph's||C Jones 14.5||R Roberts Jr. 8.4||H Kanacevic 3.6|
|VCU||T Graham 15.8||J Reddic 8.2||D Theus 4.9|
St. Joseph's (PA) meets Virginia Commonwealth in the quarterfinals of the A-10 Tournament at Barclays Center on Friday. Tipoff is at 6:30 p.m. ET and you can see it on TCN, FSN-OH, MW, CSN+. The Hawks lost to the Rams 92-86 on Jan. 17.
In their last outing, behind 14 points and five rebounds from Langston Galloway, the Hawks defeated Xavier 58-57 on Mar. 14. He is averaging 13.7 points per game while also contributing a team-high 1.4 steals per game. For the Rams, Treveon Graham finished with 17 points and seven rebounds in the 84-76 loss to Temple on Mar. 10. His 15.8 points per game is the highest mark on the team.
Comparing team stats, Virginia Commonwealth looks to have the edge in one significant category, scoring, where the Rams have the upper hand over the Hawks, 78.2 points per game to 67.4 points per game. Virginia Commonwealth ranks second in their conference in offensive rebounding percentage at 37.6, which also places them 28th in the country.
Virginia Commonwealth StatSmack
- St. Joseph's is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on St. Joseph's is 206 lbs compared to 199 lbs for Virginia Commonwealth.
- The St. Joseph's blocks leader (C.J. Aiken, 78 blocks) has more blocks than the Virginia Commonwealth blocks leader (Juvonte Reddic, 28 blocks).
- Over the past 10 years, St. Joseph's has had more players drafted by the NBA than Virginia Commonwealth (three vs. two).
- The St. Joseph's basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Virginia Commonwealth (71 percent vs. 56 percent).
- St. Joseph's players are more experienced than Virginia Commonwealth players (18,811 minutes played vs. 14,911 minutes played).
- Ronald Roberts Jr. is ranked 4th in the A-10 in rebounds.
- AP voters think more highly of St. Joseph's and ranked them in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Virginia Commonwealth (24 vs. 15).
- C.J. Aiken is ranked 23rd nationally in blocks.
- Halil Kanacevic is ranked 8th in the A-10 in blocks.
- Langston Galloway is ranked 6th in the A-10 in three-pointers.
|B||R. Roberts Jr.||31||12||9||1||1||1||2|