|Nebraska||D Talley 13.7||B Ubel 6.7||D Talley 2.5|
|Ohio State||D Thomas 19.7||D Thomas 6.2||A Craft 4.6|
Nebraska squares off against Ohio State in the quarterfinals of the Big Ten Tournament at United Center on Friday. It gets started at 6:30 p.m. ET and you can catch it on Big Ten Network. The Cornhuskers fell to the Buckeyes 63-56 on Feb. 2 and are 0-4 against them over the last four years.
The Cornhuskers got past Purdue 57-55 on Mar. 14 with the help of 19 points and six rebounds from Shavon Shields. He contributes 5.1 rebounds per game in addition to his 8.6 points per game. For the Buckeyes, Aaron Craft put up 14 points and six assists in the 68-55 win over Illinois on Mar. 10. With 4.6 assists per game and 2.0 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
There is one important category where Ohio State has a statistical edge, scoring, where the Buckeyes have the upper hand over the Cornhuskers, 70.2 points per game to 58.3 points per game.
Ohio State StatSmack
- The Nebraska basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Ohio State (82 percent vs. 64 percent).
- Ray Gallegos is ranked 41st nationally in three-pointers and 10th in the Big Ten in steals.
- Nebraska has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Ohio State ($27,594 vs. $34,224).
- Nebraska has a much lower admission rate (more selective) according to Kiplinger (63 percent vs. 76 percent).
- The Nebraska rebounding leader (Brandon Ubel, 194 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Ohio State rebounding leader (Deshaun Thomas, 183 rebounds).
- Nebraska has a much lower in-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Ohio State ($15,894 vs. $20,040).
- The Nebraska three-point leader (Ray Gallegos, 81 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Ohio State three-point leader (Deshaun Thomas, 61 three-pointers).
- Brandon Ubel is ranked 8th in the Big Ten in rebounds.
- Nebraska has a stronger schedule than Ohio State this season (SOS Rank: No. 7 vs. No. 14).
|B||L. Smith Jr.||28||10||5||2||0||0||1|
|C||A. Della Valle||7||3||2||0||0||0||0|