|Tulsa||R Smith 14.5||J Woodard 5.8||S Harrison 2.8|
|Memphis||J Jackson 13.4||D Stephens 6.8||J Jackson 4.8|
Memphis meets Tulsa in the semifinals of the Conference USA Tournament at Bank of Oklahoma Center on Friday. It gets started at 6:40 p.m. ET and you can see it on CBSSN. The Tigers defeated the Golden Hurricane 94-64 on Feb. 2 and are 7-1 against them over the past four years.
In an 81-68 triumph over Tulane on Mar. 14, Chris Crawford put up 24 points for the Tigers. He contributes 3.8 rebounds per game in addition to his 10.3 points per game. For the Golden Hurricane, James Woodard finished with 17 points and five rebounds in the 79-72 win over East Carolina on Mar. 14. He is averaging 12.0 points per game and leads the team in rebounds with 5.8 per game.
Memphis has an advantage in two key statistical areas. The Tigers have an edge in blocked shots, 6.3 per game to 3.1 per game, which could have a big impact in this game on defense. In addition, Memphis has an advantage in scoring, 75.4 points per game to 68.4 points per game.
- Memphis has a significantly better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (80.0 percent to 54.5 percent).
- The Memphis blocks leader (D.J. Stephens, 72 blocks) has more blocks than the Tulsa blocks leader (D`Andre Wright, 22 blocks).
- Memphis has a better record at home than Tulsa this season (17-1 vs. 9-5).
- A for effort, but Memphis has emerged victorious against Tulsa the last two times they've played.
- Memphis has a stronger schedule than Tulsa this season (SOS Rank: No. 93 vs. No. 126).
- Memphis is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Memphis is 212 lbs compared to 201 lbs for Tulsa.
- Boom! Memphis humiliated Tulsa by 30 points the last time they played (Feb 02, 2013).
- Obviously, AP Voters agree that Memphis is superior to Tulsa (Latest AP Poll: No. 20 vs. Not Ranked).
- Even computers respect Memphis more. Memphis has a better RPI this season than Tulsa (RPI: No. 16 vs. No. 132).
- The Memphis assist leader (Joe Jackson, 156 assists) has more assists than the Tulsa assist leader (Shaquille Harrison, 90 assists).
- Memphis has more wins against the RPI Top 50 than Tulsa this season (two vs. zero).
|C||P. Swilling Jr.||26||11||2||2||0||0||2|