Iowa State vs. Kansas: Full Game Preview
|Iowa State||W Clyburn 15.0||M Ejim 9.3||K Lucious 5.7|
|Kansas||B McLemore 16.7||J Withey 8.4||E Johnson 4.8|
Kansas meets Iowa State in the semifinals of the Big 12 Tournament at Sprint Center on Friday. The game tips off at 7:30 p.m. ET and you can see it on Big 12 Network or ESPN U. The Jayhawks beat the Cyclones 108-96 on Feb. 25 and are 9-1 against them over the last four years.
The 24 points by Ben McLemore helped the Jayhawks to a 91-63 cakewalk over Texas Tech on Mar. 14. At 16.7, he paces the team in points per game. For the Cyclones, Melvin Ejim put up 23 points and 12 rebounds in the 73-66 win over Oklahoma on Mar. 14. He is averaging 11.2 points per game and leads the team in rebounds with 9.3 per game. One category in which Iowa State is especially proficient is effective field goal percentage at 53.6, ranking first in their conference (and 26th nationally).
Iowa State StatSmack
- Kansas has a stronger schedule than Iowa State this season (SOS Rank: No. 27 vs. No. 60).
- Kansas has a better record on the road than Iowa State this season (7-3 vs. 4-7).
- Since 1998, Kansas has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Iowa State (23 vs. zero).
- Kansas has been the favorite 37 out of the last 39 times.
- Kansas has a significantly better overall winning percentage over the last five years (85.5 percent to 56.2 percent).
- Kansas does a better job contesting shots (35.8 percent allowed vs. 42.3 percent allowed) than Iowa State this season.
- Kansas has more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Iowa State (10 vs. two).
- Jeff Withey is ranked 2nd in the Big 12 in rebounds and 2nd nationally in blocks.
- The Kansas blocks leader (Jeff Withey, 124 blocks) has more blocks than the Iowa State blocks leader (Percy Gibson, 20 blocks).
- A for effort, but Kansas has emerged victorious against Iowa State the last two times they've played.
- Kevin Young is ranked 8th in the Big 12 in rebounds.
|D+||A. White III||6||2||1||0||0||0||1|