|Iowa||R Devyn Marble 14.1||A White 5.9||A Clemmons 3.0|
|Michigan State||K Appling 13.5||A Payne 7.5||K Appling 3.6|
Iowa matches up against Michigan State in the quarterfinals of the Big Ten Tournament at United Center on Friday. It gets started at 8:55 p.m. ET and you can catch it on Big Ten Network. The Hawkeyes fell to the Spartans 62-59 on Jan. 10 and are 1-9 against them over the last four years.
In a 73-59 win over Northwestern on Mar. 14, Roy Devyn Marble put up 19 points and six rebounds for the Hawkeyes. He leads the team with 14.1 points per game. In a 71-61 victory over Northwestern on Mar. 10, Derrick Nix put up 10 points and six assists for the Spartans. He contributes 6.1 rebounds per game in addition to his 9.3 points per game.
Michigan State StatSmack
- Iowa has a much better NCSA Power Ranking than Michigan State (No. 66 vs. No. 85).
- Iowa has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Michigan State ($33,134 vs. $37,858).
- Iowa players are more experienced than Michigan State players (14,569 minutes played vs. 12,162 minutes played).
- Iowa has a much lower in-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Michigan State ($16,838 vs. $19,903).
- Melsahn Basabe is ranked 10th in the Big Ten in blocks.
- Iowa is better under pressure, and has defeated Michigan State in five out of the last eight games decided by five points or fewer.
- The Iowa scoring leader (Roy Devyn Marble, 424 points) has more points than the Michigan State scoring leader (Keith Appling, 419 points).
- Iowa has an average margin of victory of 11 over Michigan State in 26 wins since 1980.