|Iowa State||W Clyburn 15.0||M Ejim 9.3||K Lucious 5.7|
|Kansas||B McLemore 16.7||J Withey 8.4||E Johnson 4.8|
Iowa State battles Kansas in the semifinals of the Big 12 Tournament at Sprint Center on Friday. It takes place at 7:30 p.m. ET and you can see it on Big 12 Network or ESPN U. The Cyclones lost to the Jayhawks 108-96 on Feb. 25 and are 1-9 against them over the last four years.
In a 73-66 win over Oklahoma on Mar. 14, Melvin Ejim put up 23 points and 12 rebounds for the Cyclones. He is averaging 11.2 points per game while also contributing a team-high 9.3 rebounds per game. In a 91-63 blowout of Texas Tech on Mar. 14, Ben McLemore put up 24 points for the Jayhawks. His 16.7 points per game is the highest mark on the team. When considering the Four Factors, Kansas performs well in effective field goal percentage at 53.4. This ranks second in the conference and 28th in the country.
- The Iowa State assist leader (Korie Lucious, 172 assists) has more assists than the Kansas assist leader (Elijah Johnson, 149 assists).
- Iowa State has come back to win after being down at half against Kansas four times since 1998.
- Will Clyburn is ranked 3rd in the Big 12 in points and 5th in the Big 12 in rebounds.
- Korie Lucious is ranked 7th in the Big 12 in three-pointers and 32nd nationally in assists.
- Iowa State is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Iowa State is 225 lbs compared to 205 lbs for Kansas.
- Chris Babb is ranked 8th in the Big 12 in three-pointers.
- The Iowa State three-point leader (Tyrus McGee, 87 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Kansas three-point leader (Ben McLemore, 62 three-pointers).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Iowa State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (943 to 1000) than Kansas, per the NCAA.
- Melvin Ejim is ranked 30th nationally in rebounds.
- The Iowa State rebounding leader (Melvin Ejim, 288 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Kansas rebounding leader (Jeff Withey, 266 rebounds).
|D+||A. White III||6||2||1||0||0||0||1|