|Florida State||M Snaer 14.4||O White 6.0||D Bookert 2.5|
|North Carolina||J Michael McAdoo 14.6||J Michael McAdoo 7.6||M Paige 4.6|
North Carolina takes on Florida State on Friday. Tipoff is at 9 p.m. EST and you can catch it on ESPN 2 or ACC Network. The Tar Heels beat the Seminoles 79-58 on Mar. 3 and are 5-4 against them over the last four years.
North Carolina is currently in third place in the ACC and Florida State is in sixth.
In spite of 15 points from James Michael McAdoo, the Tar Heels came up short 69-53 against Duke on Mar. 9. He leads the team in points with 14.6 per game, rebounds with 7.6 per game, and steals with 1.5 per game. In a 73-69 victory over Clemson on Mar. 14, Okaro White put up 24 points for the Seminoles. He is averaging 12.6 points per game and leads the team in rebounds with 6.0 per game.
There are three key statistical areas where North Carolina has an advantage. With the edge in assists (17.4 per game to 11.5 per game), the Tar Heels should find themselves in a good position on offense. North Carolina also has an advantage in rebounding, 39.5 per game to 31 per game. Finally, the Tar Heels have the upper hand in scoring as well, 77 points per game to 67.2 points per game.
However, the Seminoles outperform the Tar Heels in blocked shots, four per game to three per game.
Florida State StatSmack
- Chapel Hill isn't as congested as Tallahassee (population is significantly lower).
- North Carolina has more NCAA Championships over the last 10 years than Florida State (two vs. zero).
- North Carolina is ranked higher than Florida State in the ACC (No. 3 vs. No. 6).
- North Carolina has a stronger schedule than Florida State this season (SOS Rank: No. 10 vs. No. 31).
- Diaper Dandies love North Carolina. North Carolina has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Florida State (64 vs. 10).
- P.J. Hairston is ranked 5th in the ACC in three-pointers.
- North Carolina has a much lower average debt at graduation according to Kiplinger than Florida State ($14,262 vs. $19,364).
- That must sting. North Carolina has blown out Florida State by 20 points or more on 11 occasions since 1996.
- North Carolina has a better conference record than Florida State this season (12-6 vs. 9-9).
- A for effort, but North Carolina has emerged victorious against Florida State the last two times they've played.
|C-||T. Whisnant II||18||5||1||1||1||0||0|